Hey all, since the beta is over now we have closed down the beta specific forums. Don't freak out if you can't see it, it's not a glitch:)

Cheers,
jennywaboom
Hey all!

We've just implemented a new version of our old forum ranks!

The new "Idle Villager" rank has some slightly limited abilities here in the forums, and they cannot post discussions or do things like post links or set a signature on their posts. When you have commented 3 times you'll reach the rank of "Scout Cavalry" and gain all the usual posting abilities! This is to help combat spam, and should not affect most of you, as you have likely already posted more than 5 times and have a higher rank:)

Check out the list of ranks here: https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/15139/forum-rank-system/p1?new=1

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Achievement List - Age of Empires

AoE Community TeamAoE Community Team Member, Administrator admin
edited February 9 in Remember When . . .

imageAge of Empires: Definitive Edition Achievement List - Age of Empires

That’s right Age fans, it’s finally time for us to let you know what the AoE:DE achievements will be. You’ll find the whole list below! What one do you think you’ll go for first? Campaign Achievements: Roma Victrix – Complete the Rise of Rome campaign. Vene, Vidi, Vici – Complete the Ave Caesar campaign. Imperial Peace … Continued

Read the full story here

Comments

• MrNowy99MrNowy99 Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

Any multiplayer achievements?

• TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Scranton, PAMember, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

Now there a fine boost in motivation.

• DanicelaDanicela Member ✭Ox Cart✭

That is something Starcraft Remastered lacks, GG :)

• WafflyGalaxy856WafflyGalaxy856 Member ✭Idle Villager✭
    love websites that you can simply leave a comment
  • TRIX InfernoTRIX Inferno Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

Hype! Can't wait for the release.

• sonictimmsonictimm Member, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭
    edited February 10

All of them!
    I'm surprised there's no achievements for cheating and creating anachronisms

Good list, but needs more achievements, especially multiplayer and scenario editor

• KILLERBROS56KILLERBROS56 Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭
    least they are good achievments for game :) can't wait for release :)
  • Fate AstolfoFate Astolfo Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

I wish the achievements were more challenging. Many of these could be accomplished within a single game. Sure a couple are higher end but it should be the other way around, a few that are easy and the rest difficult/time consuming.

• MannedLeopard58MannedLeopard58 Member, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

Any chance that we might see more achievements in the future? Some achievements for MP games or other crazy situations would be nice!

• SangheiliSangheili Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭
    > @sonictimm said:
    > All of them!
    > I'm surprised there's no achievements for cheating and creating anachronisms
    >
    > Good list, but needs more achievements, especially multiplayer and scenario editor

well there could be win a game of steroids :D have to be used withing 30s of the game starting
  • WholeGolf3WholeGolf3 Member, Insider ✭Idle Villager✭
    Today's 5000 build is not working
  • justastupidmanjustastupidman GermanyMember, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

@WholeGolf3 said:
    Today's 5000 build is not working

The beta is over ;)

• KingDarBojaKingDarBoja ColombiaMember, Insider ✭Crossbowman✭

I expected more civ-related achievements. Also some easy ones like, I don't know, Faster Tool: Advance to Tool age on 5 min or less, Kill x number of unit with a single converted unit, and so on.

• WilliamWololoWilliamWololo Hong KongMember, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

Looks like I need to convert 1000 more units then. :wololo:

• MannedLeopard58MannedLeopard58 Member, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

@KingDarBoja said:
    I expected more civ-related achievements. Also some easy ones like, I don't know, Faster Tool: Advance to Tool age on 5 min or less, Kill x number of unit with a single converted unit, and so on.

Achievements related to Ruins/Relics win, or Wonder wins would be very interesting (might even also promote these game types). And we need a couple of batches of them going on the line of "Win 100 times with Persia", "Win 1000 times with Persia", etc. Anyway, just my two cents on it. Hopefully they gonna do that in the future.

• StubbyGymnast06StubbyGymnast06 Member ✭Idle Villager✭
    Should be add about Turk or Ottoman. There is an important power in history.
  • AugustusmanAugustusman Member, Insider ✭Knight✭

@StubbyGymnast06 said:

They aren't important in Antiquity.

• TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Scranton, PAMember, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭
    edited February 13

@StubbyGymnast06 said:

Sorry but the Turks and Ottomans are not important in my book.

• ExportedClown72ExportedClown72 Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

@StubbyGymnast06 said:

Uh, you're kinda in the wrong spot for the Turks and Ottomans lol. They aren't important until about 1000 to 1500 years AFTER Age 1's events. They come into the picture with Age 2's definitive edition.

@ExportedClown72 said:

@StubbyGymnast06 said:

Uh, you're kinda in the wrong spot for the Turks and Ottomans lol. They aren't important until about 1000 to 1500 years AFTER Age 1's events. They come into the picture with Age 2's definitive edition.

... which will definitely include the Turks as they were included in the original game. The same for AoE3 DE and the Ottomans.

• ExportedClown72ExportedClown72 Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

@justastupidman said:

@ExportedClown72 said:

@StubbyGymnast06 said:

... which will definitely include the Turks as they were included in the original game. The same for AoE3 DE and the Ottomans.

Yup. Looking forward to them in those games. But they certainly have no business in this one. Turks didn't come to power until around 1000 AD and the Ottomans don't come to power until around 1400 to 1500 AD. They're important players in those eras for sure.

• CaramelCardinalCaramelCardinal Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭
    > @MannedLeopard58 said:
    > Any chance that we might see more achievements in the future? Some achievements for MP games or other crazy situations would be nice!

I personally don't want any for multiplayer, multiplayer ones are all well and good to begin with but whose to say if they'll be possible to do in 3-4 years time, especially if age 4 and age 2 DE are out by then as the player base will normally be much reduced.

at the very most of if their is some available for multiplayer they should be available if your playing purely against the AI

I'd like some for multi-player, for different winning conditions (wonder, ruins, ...), and for more out-of-the-box or unusual things. But nothing that requires absurd amounts of playtime (along the lines of 1000 victories with Greeks).

I could imagine something like "Let there be light" for creating a map in the scenario editor, for example.

• Sommerlund88Sommerlund88 Member, Insider ✭Idle Villager✭
    That's it? :D
  • HeresYourTissueHeresYourTissue Member, Insider ✭Idle Villager✭
    Add achievements for challenges... Like Bronze under 13 mins with 24+ villagers. Complete a wonders in X minutes with certain rules like starting stone age random map, standard resource.
  • pate623pate623 Member, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

@HeresYourTissue said:
    Add achievements for challenges... Like Bronze under 13 mins with 24+ villagers. Complete a wonders in X minutes with certain rules like starting stone age random map, standard resource.

Daamn that's hard one, and not the most practical one. Vietnamese go 28 villagers and 13-14 min Bronze.

1 Villager trains in 20 seconds, Tool Age in 120 seconds, Bronze Age in 140 Seconds, and two Villagers build
    a Tool Age building in 20 seconds. (All this takes exactly 13 min if done perfectly with 28 villagers.)

• DungNeoDungNeo Member, Insider ✭Idle Villager✭
    who has the download link " age-empires-definitive-edition" ? can send me link???????
  • HelepolisHelepolis Member, Insider ✭Musketeer✭

Majority of the Other Achievements can be single handed easily achieved playing Death Match. Heh.

• MittenzMittenz Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭
    will there be more in the future?
  • AugustusmanAugustusman Member, Insider ✭Knight✭

@DungNeo said:
    who has the download link " age-empires-definitive-edition" ? can send me link???????

Nobody have such thing.