Hey all!

We've just implemented a new version of our old forum ranks!

The new "Idle Villager" rank has some slightly limited abilities here in the forums, and they cannot post discussions or do things like post links or set a signature on their posts. When you have commented 3 times you'll reach the rank of "Scout Cavalry" and gain all the usual posting abilities! This is to help combat spam, and should not affect most of you, as you have likely already posted more than 5 times and have a higher rank:)

Check out the list of ranks here: https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/15139/forum-rank-system/p1?new=1

Impossible to zoom out

ManuMilitariManuMilitari Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

I can zoom out perfectly in campaign and custom games, but in multiplayer games the zoom is stuck to a certain scale, a very small one, and i can't manage to zoom out by any mean. I checked my settings and everything is on default. I tried to change the shortcut for zoom out and to spam it, that didnt do anything.
Does anyone have this problem ?? I never got it in 3 months of closed beta. Thanks !

Comments

• WintryPainter69WintryPainter69 Member, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

Try disabling and renabling all the zoom settings in the game settings menu.

• StepSStepS Russia Member, Developer ✭Ox Cart✭
    edited March 9

Hi @ManuMilitari , the zoom-out cap was indeed changed in Multiplayer mode due to some performance concerns many people were seeing during the active Beta week. However, this is only temporary, and we're going to increase the maximum distance again once we complete our set of performance improvements in the upcoming patch.
    Edit: this is taking longer than expected (due to a big backlog of issues), but you are not forgotten. I'll let you know in this thread when this has been dealt with.

• ManuMilitariManuMilitari Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

Thanks for the answer @StepS !

• SandaaruSandaaru Member ✭Idle Villager✭

I have too same problem, still waiting for this fix :neutral:

• PenelinfiPenelinfi Member, Insider ✭Crossbowman✭
    edited March 22

@StepS said:
    Edit: this is taking longer than expected (due to a big backlog of issues), but you are not forgotten. I'll let you know in this thread when this has been dealt with.

Yep, we aren't Forgotten, that's you guys ;)

Or at least, some of you..
    Thanks for working on issues though, I think the logo crash was fixed for me. I didn't have to pretend to download "Hearts" to open AoE!

@StepS Hey, just wondering if you re making some progress about this bug. It's a pretty annoying one. . . Thanks

• EndGame2EndGame2 IndianapolisMember, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

I've read elsewhere in the forums that to have that increased zoom ability, you need at least 16 GB RAM.

@EndGame2 ah ok thanks, i m **** then . . .

• EndGame2EndGame2 IndianapolisMember, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

@ManuMilitari It doesn't take much to get that kinda ram assuming you're on a pc vs a laptop