Hey all!

We've just implemented a new version of our old forum ranks!

The new "Idle Villager" rank has some slightly limited abilities here in the forums, and they cannot post discussions or do things like post links or set a signature on their posts. When you have commented 3 times you'll reach the rank of "Scout Cavalry" and gain all the usual posting abilities! This is to help combat spam, and should not affect most of you, as you have likely already posted more than 5 times and have a higher rank:)

Check out the list of ranks here: https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/15139/forum-rank-system/p1?new=1

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - Content Update 4 - Age of Empires

AoE Community TeamAoE Community Team Member, Administrator admin
edited March 8 in Remember When . . .

imageAge of Empires: Definitive Edition - Content Update 4 - Age of Empires

The newest content update for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is now live! Here’s what went into this patch: Fixed an issue where the AI would sometimes attack too early Various minor bug fixes and improvements The team has also been hard at work on larger fixes for the issues causing the game to fail … Continued

Read the full story here

Comments

• Leo5117Leo5117 Member ✭Idle Villager✭

I can't play for 2 days and I try uninstall then install again!
    It still can't launch stable, May I get my money back?

• ThreeThunder65ThreeThunder65 Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

You call this a patch??

• Nymph137Nymph137 Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

Yay AI fix! As for the crash on launch, reinstalling fixed it for me. Recore also had the same launch error, pretty sure that the problem comes from one of the layers of DRM that microsoft store games have.

• masoemasoe Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

"Various minor bug fixes and improvements" -- this tells us nothing. Why don't you guys work on the things that are plaguing the game instead of giving us vague updates. Holy crap. Who is running this place!?

• PL LegendarnyPL Legendarny Member, Insider ✭Idle Villager✭

Another useless update. We need a rank system. Where is that??

• artyomtsybulkinartyomtsybulkin Member ✭Idle Villager✭

Everybody can't shutdown terrible David voice?

• justastupidmanjustastupidman GermanyMember, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

@artyomtsybulkin said:
    Everybody can't shutdown terrible David voice?

What do you mean? Have you activated the accessibility features in the options?

• ZingierOhio751ZingierOhio751 Member, Insider ✭Idle Villager✭

Still no working

• DarkLordZulDarkLordZul Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

I had the same issue where the game just wouldn't start all of a sudden but I seem to have solved it by doing the following:

• Click Start

• Search for and Open Services

• Scroll down to Windows PushToInstall Service

• Right click and select Properties

• Change Startup Type to Automatic

• Then Click Start if this service is not started

• If it is already running click Stop then click Start for the Windows PushToInstall Service
    • Let it start then click Ok and close services

• Try launch Age again

Give it a try if your having issues - this fix also seems to work even if you restart or shutdown

• FarkasMan87FarkasMan87 Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

@masoe said:
    "Various minor bug fixes and improvements" -- this tells us nothing. Why don't you guys work on the things that are plaguing the game instead of giving us vague updates. Holy crap. Who is running this place!?

Indeed was hoping for more info on fixes. Like can i play the campagin now and that the AI will build units and not send of villagers to die.

• CyberPs1CyberPs1 Member ✭Idle Villager✭

cool i wait the farm update ..!

• Cleglaw the madCleglaw the mad Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭
    edited March 8

Well, thats a start, i guess. If you gonna fix things and not ignore them, then i would say you are on the right path. Although, you allready released the game and we are not at beta test, and we are not beta testers. Considering the time passed since release, i will pretend like this game doesnt exist and wait for a couple of months in hopes you fix all broken things; pathfinding, A.I behavior, units balance, civs balance, a proper multiplayer system...

• ExemplisExemplis NorwayMember, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

@CyberPs1 said:
    cool i wait the farm update ..!

What farm update? If its the "auto-reseed" thing you can just leave that thought.

• SHIAIHUA9527SHIAIHUA9527 Member, Insider ✭Idle Villager✭

你能看到中文吗?在OB别人对局的时候没有迷雾,这很糟糕,没有办法看到选手的精彩操作,希望修正

• OozyMicrobe593OozyMicrobe593 Member ✭Idle Villager✭

how do I update?

• camilog28camilog28 Member, Insider ✭Idle Villager✭

I can´t play in multiplayer mode....How do I get 5172 version?

• KookeemonstaaKookeemonstaa Member ✭Idle Villager✭

How do I upgrade. This is really annoying to have some Live thing that has 0 instruction how to use it

• KookeemonstaaKookeemonstaa Member ✭Idle Villager✭

@OozyMicrobe593 said:
    how do I update?

Go to Xbox store to the game and it will download update in a while

• camilog28camilog28 Member, Insider ✭Idle Villager✭

How do I update to 5172 version?

• Orlando HernanOrlando Hernan Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

My game hasn't updated yet. I'm trying to do it manually, but it appears there's no link anywhere in the known universe where I can just download the patch and update my bloody game.

• PotdindyPotdindy Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

Keep it up. This game has been so much fun, any updates are great. A lot of ppl appreciate you bringing this title back

• HBrav0HBrav0 Member ✭Idle Villager✭

Another week, another bust! For those who've awaited for the update that long, for nothing, i fell sorry for you.

• Outside1992Outside1992 Member ✭Idle Villager✭

After many e-mails and solicitations, I find myself after spending € 20, which remains only once, as soon as you start a game the game stops by itself, the only thing that has changed since the last update, is that I do not return to the store.

• FantasticMonk9FantasticMonk9 Member, Insider ✭Idle Villager✭

I'm really losing my faith that I'll ever be able to play this game. I guess MS give a rat's crap about us.

• Max8987Max8987 Member, Insider ✭Idle Villager✭

Anyone that has a problem starting the game:
    1. Download ANY OTHER APP from the Microsoft Store
    2. Delete said app.
    3. Start AOE. it should work.

• HetfieldaHetfielda Member ✭Idle Villager✭

Hola, inicie el juego normalmente y al entrar al multijugador me di cuenta que necesitaba actualizarce,entonces lo cerre y abri Microsoft store.Despues trate de abrir nuevamente el juego pero ahora me aparece un aviso donde dice que se esta actualizando age of empires y que podre jugar en breve pero no me lo permite. Que puedo hacer? GRACIAS

• VesperComic598VesperComic598 Member, Insider ✭Idle Villager✭

Loving this game so far! Had no issues running it other than it not allowing me to play till it signs into the store, which is totally fine, although I hope this doesn't mean I can't play it offline (Haven't tried yet).

I know I'm hearing lots of negativity, but whatever is causing the crashes is probably from when the game first released, because I bought it before the update and it worked perfectly.

Keep up the good work!

• ArticBlueBearArticBlueBear Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

@Leo5117 said:
    I can't play for 2 days and I try uninstall then install again!
    It still can't launch stable, May I get my money back?

@Leo5117, yes, it is possible to obtain a refund. There have been discussions about how to do so on other parts of this forum.

• PCS70PCS70 NLMember, Insider ✭Musketeer✭

Everyone here still having errors please follow the steps at https://www.ageofempires.com/support/#report
    Or at least post your dxdiag.txt to the support forum. Launch dxdiag.exe then save and post the results.

• oleshkoigor85oleshkoigor85 Member, Insider ✭Idle Villager✭

Game work only if I uninstall then install again! How I may get my money back?