Hey all!

We've just implemented a new version of our old forum ranks!

The new "Idle Villager" rank has some slightly limited abilities here in the forums, and they cannot post discussions or do things like post links or set a signature on their posts. When you have commented 3 times you'll reach the rank of "Scout Cavalry" and gain all the usual posting abilities! This is to help combat spam, and should not affect most of you, as you have likely already posted more than 5 times and have a higher rank:)

Check out the list of ranks here: https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/15139/forum-rank-system/p1?new=1

"Content" update scam

JosephC64JosephC64 Member ✭Ox Cart✭

Just call it a "minor bug fix". No need to insult me and waste my time with checking "content updates".

Or are you saying that bugs are a feature in this game and that "bug balance changes" are "content"? ..

Comments

• rhrmnrhrmn USA Member, Moderator, Insider mod
    edited March 23

I agree the current naming scheme of "content update" is wierd for all AoE:DE app updates, regardless if any new features are added to the game.

• PCS70PCS70 NLMember, Insider ✭Musketeer✭

I don't think it is meant by any means to insult you. This is just a general term for publishing updated UWP packages to the Microsoft Store. If the content of a UWP package changes it will reflect to a new app version number too, so that's why they call it a content update of the app AOE DE.

• Mystic TabooMystic Taboo Member, Insider ✭Crossbowman✭

It is a bit weird seeing it being advertised on Facebook as a content update when it's a relatively minor technical fix.

• JosephC64JosephC64 Member ✭Ox Cart✭

@PCS70 said:
    I don't think it is meant by any means to insult you. This is just a general term for

You can call it what you will. In any other area the terms for this are "false advertisement", "fraud", "misrepresentation" and such.

You can try to sell an old car as "new car for xy$!" and see what happens when you try to explain that 'it's just a general term for old cars in our company'.

• AugustusmanAugustusman Member, Insider ✭Knight✭

Fix bugs is part of content update, they don't said new content.

• PhatFish AoEHPhatFish AoEH CheeselandMember, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

Yup been trolled 3 times now. Don't get me excited for new features and then pound that excitement into the ground with bug fixes. Sure they are welcome but just call it a patch and stop fooling people.

And new content update is here people, it REMOVED a 'potential crash' after 'starting a game'.

Meaning, the game is losing content.

But hey, technically speaking it's still a content update.

• PCS70PCS70 NLMember, Insider ✭Musketeer✭

@JosephC64 said:
    And new content update is here people, it REMOVED a 'potential crash' after 'starting a game'.

Meaning, the game is losing content.

But hey, technically speaking it's still a content update.

Are you not content they fix bugs? :p

• EaglemutEaglemut Member ✭Ox Cart✭

Well, I think it is technically correct - they are updating/changing the content to fix bugs and crashes. However, it is typically better to differentiate content updates of this kind and advertise them as "hotfixes" or something to not get people overly hyped up about a patch that potentially doesn't affect them whatsoever.

• Cleglaw the madCleglaw the mad Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

no words from developers.

they abondened this lovely game and probably working on aoe2:de already.

let me tell you this: i wont be pre-purchasing any more. customer trust is an important thing and once you lose it, its hard to regain it. microsoft lost mine with aoe:de. this is probably my last comment on this site.

my advice: move on people, there are a lot of good games out there and usually devs dont abonden them. some examples: total war arena, heroes of the storm... both games are good and both gets ACCTUAL CONTENT on regular basis.

• PenelinfiPenelinfi Member, Insider ✭Crossbowman✭

Why copy paste the same message on two different threads? You do realise that it will be read in one, and that posting it multiple times doesn't really increase your effectiveness :) Except in creating an irritation. Open up a thread for new content, but it's the same message I just read in the last thread!

edited April 16

@Cleglaw the mad said:
    heroes of the storm... both games are good and both gets ACCTUAL CONTENT on regular basis.

Heroes of the Storm is awful. Other players can ban you from the game for no reason whatsoever, they only need to click on you and then 'report'. You can appeal but that won't work unless you've been silent the entire time and never used chat, which is silly in an online game. It's a game designed for extreme leftists, the so called snowflakes, and if you're not 100% politically correct you can't play it. As for the gameplay itself, the game is the opposite of "empowering". You can do so little on your own, especially with most heroes. I never played a multiplayer game where my impact was lower.

• nottudwillnottudwill Member, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭
    edited April 23

It's sad the game has been out for a couple of months and there has yet to be a single feature added other than some bug fixes. The most frustrating thing is the developers seem to have "disappeared" from the forums the instant the game released so we have no idea what is happening.

• PhatFish AoEHPhatFish AoEH CheeselandMember, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

Apparently they don't have enough resources/people (according to Matt Pritchard), and my guess is they are too much focused on other projects (AoE2 DE). This was already pretty much evident in the beta, however I was quietly hoping for a miracle - even with the delayed release - only MP was adressed.

And indeed, after the first week or so I haven't seen a single dev posting here, which is a bloody shame (hello?). The game isn't bad by any means (I love many aspects of it!), but it should be updated with actual content and much needed features, mentioned by dozens of people, asap.

That said, I won't consider pre-purchasing any future DE iterations anymore.

• bubblebubble Member, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

sad state of affairs

• PenelinfiPenelinfi Member, Insider ✭Crossbowman✭

@PhatFish AoEH said:
    Apparently they don't have enough resources/people

And indeed, after the first week or so I haven't seen a single dev posting here, which is a bloody shame (hello?).

Not enough food.
    You need to build more houses.

Exploration : 15%

They will research Bronze Age soon, then they will want gold, and will go mining for it! ;). ;)

• Sand_McNiceSand_McNice Member ✭Idle Villager✭

They made a move on fixing units block but only with villagers, wtf???