Hey all!

We've just implemented a new version of our old forum ranks!

The new "Idle Villager" rank has some slightly limited abilities here in the forums, and they cannot post discussions or do things like post links or set a signature on their posts. When you have commented 3 times you'll reach the rank of "Scout Cavalry" and gain all the usual posting abilities! This is to help combat spam, and should not affect most of you, as you have likely already posted more than 5 times and have a higher rank:)

Check out the list of ranks here: https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/15139/forum-rank-system/p1?new=1

What is everyone's favourite AoE III country/faction to play as?

XtrA x FuzzyXtrA x Fuzzy Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

For me, it has to be the Ottomans, because of their auto-spawning of settlers which I always bring to their initial limit and don't have to worry about them except for positioning them to work. Appart from that I find that it is a pretty good faction that brings a good balance with their unique units that are themselves not too bad.

Best Answer

Answers

• ElinkaBelinkaElinkaBelinka Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

Dutch all the way, I really love banks :)

• AugustusmanAugustusman Member, Insider ✭Knight✭

Japanese or Spain.

• _NiceKING__NiceKING_ Member, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

Aztecs. Unique and powerful.

• XtrA x FuzzyXtrA x Fuzzy Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

@ElinkaBelinka I like them too but I find that they really are better when you play with a treaty to start because or else it takes a while for it to start going really good. Also if you don't get the upgrades for the bank it doesn't help either

• sircallensircallen Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

I like the British. They have great booming opportunities.

• PikilicPikilic Dijon, FranceMember ✭Scout Cavalry✭

1st choice may be Chinese, mainly because the deck offers a wide range of funny options to try. And Portuguese as 2nd choice, the downside is that they are very slow to start, but cassadors and organ guns are in my heart :) . But anyway there is no civ I really dislike

edited April 4

@CostlierParrot3 said:

@XtrA x Fuzzy said:
    For me, it has to be the Ottomans, because of their auto-spawning of settlers which I always bring to their initial limit and don't have to worry about them except for positioning them to work. Appart from that I find that it is a pretty good faction that brings a good balance with their unique units that are themselves not too bad.

Hello! definitely depends on the game mode: treated or rush mode? the Ottomans are a very good civilization in rush mode! in the modalities dealt with 40 minutes (perhaps the most played modality), the op civilizations are Japanese, French and Russian. I love playing with the Japanese.

You forgot Chinese. They are the 2nd most OP civ in TR after French.

• CostlierParrot3CostlierParrot3 Member, Insider ✭Musketeer✭
    edited April 4

NiceKING said:

@CostlierParrot3 said:

@XtrA x Fuzzy said:

Hello! definitely depends on the game mode: treated or rush mode? the Ottomans are a very good civilization in rush mode! in the modalities dealt with 40 minutes (perhaps the most played modality), the op civilizations are Japanese, French and Russian. I love playing with the Japanese.

I have never played with the Chinese, but surely Chinese civilization has a good economy. From the military point of view: wrong or its units are not among the strongest? With the Japanese, never had problems to defeat them (treated 40 minutes) to the rank of Major.

edited April 4

@CostlierParrot3 said:

NiceKING said:

@CostlierParrot3 said:

@XtrA x Fuzzy said:

I have never played with the Chinese, but surely Chinese civilization has a good economy. From the military point of view: wrong or its units are not among the strongest? With the Japanese, never had problems to defeat them (treated 40 minutes) to the rank of Major.

Chinese have never ending economy. Their units are quite good, especially their archers chu ko nu that have 45 attack. You probably haven’t met a really good China. Good Chinese score in TR40 is 2700+

• Black Cross89Black Cross89 Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

This may seem like a cop-out, but I truly enjoy playing with every civ equally.

• QP2309QP2309 Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

I love the British. Especially the Rockets are fun to Play in a treaty match.

But right now i am playing with Russia because of their Military.

• BrynnOfCastlegateBrynnOfCastlegate Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

The British rockets are fun! I also like the Japanese because they have more sword and bow units.