Hey all!

We've just implemented a new version of our old forum ranks!

The new "Idle Villager" rank has some slightly limited abilities here in the forums, and they cannot post discussions or do things like post links or set a signature on their posts. When you have commented 3 times you'll reach the rank of "Scout Cavalry" and gain all the usual posting abilities! This is to help combat spam, and should not affect most of you, as you have likely already posted more than 5 times and have a higher rank:)

Check out the list of ranks here: https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/15139/forum-rank-system/p1?new=1

May Submission Thread

jennywaboomjennywaboom Redmond, WA Member, Administrator, Insider admin
edited May 2 in Wololo Wednesdays

Please post your entries below. The full blog post with entry requirements and a link to the Official Rules can be found here.

Good luck everyone!

Comments

• superninja418superninja418 Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭
    edited May 5

• LiamIsBest1010LiamIsBest1010 Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

Those quiet hours of the night when everybody that you usually play with has gone to bed.

• LiamIsBest1010LiamIsBest1010 Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

@Luis Miquilena said:
    Best squad ever! and yes, the sheep is also necesary to scout the map :wink:

Lol, that was really cool! Did you draw that? I have absolutely no artistic talent. The last thing that I drew was a stick cow. (Yeah it's possible)

@CuteMinotaur827 said:

Champions are red, skirmishers are blue,
    AoE needs you.

Nice job! I bet that's gonna be a winner.

• KoomazazKoomazaz Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

Well, I'd like to enter this month's contest, but I've never posted before... Can't post links as an "idle villager."

@Koomazaz said:
    Well, I'd like to enter this month's contest, but I've never posted before... Can't post links as an "idle villager."

Just comment in a section a few times. Remember, this comp is all month

@jennywaboom what is the average number of entries to the monthly comps? Doesn't seem too many so far, nearly a third through May

• Luis MiquilenaLuis Miquilena Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

@LiamIsBest1010 said:

@Luis Miquilena said:
    Best squad ever! and yes, the sheep is also necesary to scout the map :wink:

Lol, that was really cool! Did you draw that? I have absolutely no artistic talent. The last thing that I drew was a stick cow. (Yeah it's possible)

Yes i did! I just saw the Avengers and i thought: "mmmm we need AOE2 Avengers!!"... lol

@superninja418 said:

@Koomazaz said:

So, I'm apparently a "Scout Calvary" now, but my post is still awaiting approval, I think... I posted it a few days ago, but I'm not seeing it yet. Am I missing something?

• AithemedAithemed Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

Blue words / red army

• jennywaboomjennywaboom Redmond, WA Member, Administrator, Insider admin

@Koomazaz said:

@superninja418 said:

@Koomazaz said:

So, I'm apparently a "Scout Calvary" now, but my post is still awaiting approval, I think... I posted it a few days ago, but I'm not seeing it yet. Am I missing something?

Got it out of the spam queue, so sorry for the over active spam bot!!

• jennywaboomjennywaboom Redmond, WA Member, Administrator, Insider admin

@superninja418 said:
    @jennywaboom what is the average number of entries to the monthly comps? Doesn't seem too many so far, nearly a third through May

It depends on the month really... Somewhere around 8ish, so there is a pretty good chance of winning:) We do usually get a few last minute entries too though.

@jennywaboom
    Is there a winner cool down, so you can't win for a certain number of months because you've already won?

• NormChangerNormChanger Member ✭Ox Cart✭
    edited May 10

"WE WILL SMITE THEM!"
    This poster was originally created in the 2000's by Ensemble Studios to mock those who messed up the authentic RTS genre. One of the fans said, "....this poster gives me hope that RTS genre will go back to its roots." Countless RTS fans recall that moment when RTS genre was in abyss, praying to this poster everyday so we can get an old-school RTS game we always crave. Finally, one day RTS fans rejoiced to hear that Age of Empires 4 is in works. To this day Ensemble's competitors, and faithful fans have tired to create a same magic but many have failed, however the last hope, Relic, will they succeed? Join AOE.com to find out 'cause baby we gonna smite them!:

• CoolestGaiaCoolestGaia CA, U.S.A.Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

@NormChanger said:
    "WE WILL SMITE THEM!"
    This poster was originally created in the 2000's by Ensemble Studios to mock those who messed up the authentic RTS genre.

Is this for real?

• MehkindMehkind Member, Insider ✭Musketeer✭

@CoolestGaia Ummmm....no.

• EmpAhmadKEmpAhmadK Member, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭
    edited May 14

@jennywaboom Hi, just to let you know, the prize list poster has a typo in the third prize, where it says "availible". I believe it is supposed to be "available".
    (and as for my submission I will have it made soon : D)

• MasterSquash955MasterSquash955 Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭
    edited May 19

It seems my post is waiting for approval - its here: https://us.v-cdn.net/6029970/uploads/editor/po/reny53xh2yh7.jpg

• Photon RidersPhoton Riders Buenos Aires, ArgentinaMember, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

The best wy to recluit new soldiers is a Wololo

• TrillionaireTrillionaire IndiaMember ✭Scout Cavalry✭

Waiting for Aoe 2:DE!!

My Entries:

(Some of the Bakground pictures are taken from other players work,there was no rule that we cant use them.)
    (if the picture is yours , thank you for your work.Please have no hard feelings i really respect the art you did)
    (as for the words, they are totally mine.)

• NormChangerNormChanger Member ✭Ox Cart✭
    edited May 21

@Trillionaire Thank you man, at least now I know someone reads & likes my work :) Good luck mate on this competition.

My submission:

(read with caution)

@superninja418 said:
    @jennywaboom
    Is there a winner cool down, so you can't win for a certain number of months because you've already won?

There is a 4 months-long cooldown. Meaning if you win this month's contest, you will have to wait till October before being able to win another. Any submissions during the cooldown period will be disqualified and will just sit there as a decoration; but it doesn't mean you can't submit one, it's just that you won't be able to win ^^