AI voice over Audio

mythdraconmythdracon Member, Insider ✭✭✭
edited September 10 in General Discussion

Anyone found videos or audio of the AI leaders in-game who mock you? (I.e. Elizabeth saying things like "These are dark times. I regret the necessity of annihilating you" and Napoleon talking about his victory at Austerlitz)

I thought the AI voice overs in Age III were absolute gold, and made my random map skirmishes in Age III really fun against AI. Anyone got videos of them? I don't have the ability or know-how to compile any of the best audio taunts from the AI together, but was hoping to find some on the Internet.

So far, I haven't found anything other than the select lines in the multiplayer taunts (i.e. Ivan the Terrible saying "You sit on the computer all day, playing! You know nothing of hard life!")

Comments

• EaglemutEaglemut Member ✭✭✭

Hey, these sound files should be located in Sound\Chats in your AoE3 installation folder. Might be a bit tricky to find the exact ones you want though, as there are hundreds of voice files for each AI personality.

• pecelotpecelot Member, Insider ✭✭

What Eaglemut said.

Just to add, for the record, Taunt 25 is not taken from single-player — same as Washington taunts are added (1—14) without them being present in the actual campaign.

• mythdraconmythdracon Member, Insider ✭✭✭

Hm, any YouTube videos with the best audio clips in? I've found the files, but it doesn't seem I could share them with my friends to point out how good the voice acting in Age III was....

@mythdracon said:
    Hm, any YouTube videos with the best audio clips in? I've found the files, but it doesn't seem I could share them with my friends to point out how good the voice acting in Age III was....

I'm confused, what do you mean you can't share them? They're just standard mp3 files you can send.

• pecelotpecelot Member, Insider ✭✭

This thread may be useful for you :D

I can't share them as there is no readily curated video collecting the audio clips. I would have to sift through thousands of files to find the right ones, and create a video making consumption of them easy and automatic to truly interest third parties in the greatness of the Age III AI quotes.

pecelot, that thread is certainly a nice collection of quotes, but again not in video format. =|

edited October 3

Ah, well, I'm afraid it hasn't been done yet. As you say it would require sifting through thousands of files to find the right ones, so that's quite some work.

Sigh. And I had hoped to show off Age III's voiceover to my friends. :|