Gifted AOE3 on Amazon but cracked CD removing it from case.

I have a legit key and online receipt for AOE3 but drive will not read the disk due to cracked/broken cd. I have windows 10 and a pretty op pc. Is there a way to download it and then enter my key. I also tried through Steam which I would rather do but no luck with new key. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• DawjawDawjaw SwitzerlandMember, Insider

There is no "legal" way I know of to install the game without the original cds. And if there were any not so legal way, it's against the TOS of this website. Sorry, but if you want to have a legitimate copy of the game you will have to buy it again.

• rhrmnrhrmn USAMember, Insider ✭✭✭✭✭

Contact Amazon support. They may be able to give you a refund.

edited September 13

@rhrmn said:

You disagree with my suggestion? Just trying to help, @Prnwolf. If I received a broken product in the mail from a store, I would be asking for a refund.

• DawjawDawjaw SwitzerlandMember, Insider

@rhrmn I thought he broke the cd himself? "Gifted AOE3 on Amazon but cracked CD removing it from case."

edited September 13

@Dawjaw said:
    @rhrmn I thought he broke the cd himself? "Gifted AOE3 on Amazon but cracked CD removing it from case."

You're right. Well, then guess only option is to buy a new copy. One of the advantages of buying a digital copy is not having to deal with scratched or broken discs.

• _NiceKING__NiceKING_ Member, Insider ✭✭✭

You could wait for Steam Winter Sale. The game will cost like $7.99 (-80%).

• itsjakeyitsjakey Member ✭✭

I'm not sure on the laws of your country but in mine its perfectly legal, providing you have bought the product to have a backup in any form. Just get an iso online and re-install. Providing you use your own product key there is nothing illegal about it, as you have already bought it :smile:

• NormChangerNormChanger Member ✭✭

@rhrmn said:

@rhrmn said:

You disagree with my suggestion? Just trying to help, @Prnwolf. If I received a broken product in the mail from a store, I would be asking for a refund.

Did you read what he is saying. What you are suggesting is a abusing the refund system. @Prnwolf don't do it. Just enter in wololo contest, if the luck is with you, you will win. I take a part in this contest, If I win I will give you a aoe 3 copy, don't worry :)

• nottudnottud Member, Insider

@itsjakey's suggestion is probably your best bet.