Unable to play the game

I bought Age of Empires® III: Complete Collection on steam, and played allraight some time ago. but I tried to do it again and it shows a message saying initialization failed.

i already verify the integrity of the files and even check with the compatibility on win xp and vista, same issue.

steam don’t have support on this game and send me to this page.

What can I do to fix it and play it?

my specs:
AMD FX 4300 4Ghz
8 Gb ram
GTX 960 4Gb
SSD 256 Gb

Comments

• DawjawDawjaw SwitzerlandMember, Insider

Might be worth a try:

Larson has Age of Empires® III: Complete Collection 22 Mar @ 2:51am
    Age of Empires 3

[Initialization failed!]

Windows 10 x64

SOLVED:
    Right click 'Start' -> Apps and Features/Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> Legacy Components ->DirectPlay [checked]. OK!

Steam -> AoE3 properties -> Local files -> VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAMES FILES... >

https://steamcommunity.com/app/105450/discussions/1/541907867770834164/?ctp=2

• KingDarBojaKingDarBoja ColombiaMember, Insider ✭✭✭

As @Eaglemut mentioned in another topic:

• Click Control Panel
    • Programs
    • "Turn Windows features on or off"
    • Open folder called Legacy Components
    • Toggle DirectPlay
  • thanks, it work

• DjJiggzDjJiggz Member

I still wont work for me

• DjJiggzDjJiggz Member

Ive tried changing the compatibility it worked for a week then cut out again

• Kazukiyan07Kazukiyan07 Member, Insider

I play Age of Empire 3, and it seems there is 1 thing I observe, from Age of Empire 2, there is a gate with lock and unlock, but in Age of Empire 3, there is no gate nor lock or unlock the gate, can you please add it again to the next update, thanks..

• EaglemutEaglemut Member ✭✭✭

@Kazukiyan07 said:
    I play Age of Empire 3, and it seems there is 1 thing I observe, from Age of Empire 2, there is a gate with lock and unlock, but in Age of Empire 3, there is no gate nor lock or unlock the gate, can you please add it again to the next update, thanks..

In AoE3 enemy units cannot pass gates even when they're open, therefore this option is unnecessary.