Community Forums

Community Team Changes: Goodbye Plus2Joe!

Plus2JoePlus2Joe Community Manager Member, Administrator admin
edited September 27 in Announcements

Hey everyone!

I’m sad to say that next week I’ll be leaving the Age of Empires team here at Microsoft Studios. It’s been my privilege for the last few years to work alongside some of the greatest RTS professionals in the industry, serving the most passionate and resilient community in gaming as it enters its third decade. Between the three upcoming DE titles and Age of Empires IV, Age of Empires is entering a brand-new era that was made possible in no small part by the support, dedication, and feedback of our amazing community, and I’m so grateful to have been here to represent your interests during that transformation!

As with previous team changes, we’ve ensured you’re still in excellent hands during and after this transition: @jennywaboom and @snickerdoodle are two of the most talented CMs I know, not to mention Baroness Von Panda on Castle Siege, all the folks from Forgotten Empires, and of course the crack Community team over at Relic, whom you’ll be meeting before too long! You’ve also still got our resident Age producer, @Robeyone, to kick around. And I can’t forget our indefatigable VCMs, who have been with us through thick and thin and guard our realm with a vigilance bordering on heroism: @Andy P, @AnotherRiddle, @Chuggles22, @InflamedNut2, and @Wicked Wulf.

Although I’m excited for my next steps, I’m still heartbroken to be leaving the helm of this incomparable group of gamers... especially during the immensely exciting times that are on the horizon! From the bottom of my heart, thanks for being a community worth fighting for. I’m as excited as you are about the announcements we made this summer, and I can’t wait to see what this new Age brings!

Best,
Joe

Comments

• rhrmnrhrmn Member, Insider ✭✭✭✭✭

Best wishes @Plus2Joe! We'll miss you.

• Memes B DreamsMemes B Dreams Member, Insider ✭✭✭

Cya @Plus2Joe

• AnotherRiddleAnotherRiddle Member, Moderator, Insider mod

All the best for the future Joe. It's been great. Come back and visit from time-to-time.

• TheBritishTheBritish Member, Insider ✭✭✭

Best wishes @Plus2Joe You'll be missed.

• jennywaboomjennywaboom Member, Administrator, Insider admin

We'll miss ya Joe! Best of luck with your new adventures:)

• KingDarBojaKingDarBoja ColombiaMember, Insider ✭✭✭

Where is the sadness reaction when I need it.

Best wishes on your travel, even if I don't know you, I can say you did a great job along with admins /mods carrying over the AOE Team / Community.

• Andy PAndy P Member, Moderator mod

Ever since I heard the news, I've been taking all of my meals alone and have barely left my house. Joe is one of the good ones.

• Chuggles22Chuggles22 Member, Moderator, Insider mod

Ouch! Wow this saddens the heck out of me...
    Joe, you've always been a ton of help, offered great insight, and were a lot of fun to BS with in the various VCM discussions since I joined the team.
    Thank you for all you've done!!!

• TrustiestTech82TrustiestTech82 Member, Insider

So close to the AoE: DE release... I can only wonder why?

Take care and good luck, Plus2Joe.

• MehkindMehkind Member, Insider ✭✭✭

Thank you for your service! Every individual who has contributed to Age franchise in any ways will always reside in my heart and other AOE peoples heart. Good luck!

• EaglemutEaglemut Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 5

@jennywaboom I'm confused now, is Joe leaving or not?
    On today's AoE stream he was present with you and kind of briefly said that he will stay.. not sure what's happening here.

• rhrmnrhrmn Member, Insider ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5

@Eaglemut said:
    @jennywaboom I'm confused now, is Joe leaving or not?
    On today's AoE stream he was present with you and kind of briefly said that he will stay.. not sure what's happening here.

@Plus2Joe said:
    Hey everyone!

I’m sad to say that next week I’ll be leaving the Age of Empires team here at Microsoft Studios.

This Friday may be his last day.

EDIT: Okay, so at 53:18 on the stream @jennywaboom said @Plus2Joe is staying on the team, so looks like plans have changed.

• UnboltedCord996UnboltedCord996 Member ✭✭

Good luck man!

• Andy PAndy P Member, Moderator mod

I believe in miracles.

• KataphraktósKataphraktós Buenos Aires, ArgentinaMember, Insider

Goodbye!