Community Forums

Age of Empires Website Feature Suggestions

rhrmnrhrmn USAMember, Insider ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, @Plus2Joe and @jennywaboom announced on the Age of Empires weekly stream today that the Age of Empires community team is looking for website feature suggestions for all Age games. This is a perfect opportunity to make your voice heard. I witnessed the Age of Empires community forum and website go through several iterations since Age of Empires Online was announced and some important community website features were lost in the process. Your suggestions can help make the current Age of Empires website the best that it can be. Please share this thread with your friends who play any of the Age games!

Comments

• itsjakeyitsjakey Member ✭✭

ESOC ELO ladder would be very lovely. Or a maintained jpcomm elo ladder.

• Andy PAndy P Member, Moderator mod

I'd like to see a section on our forum to advertise streaming/video channels (twitch, mixer, youtube etc.). It may also make sense to have a place for clans to advertise for the different games.

• EaglemutEaglemut Member ✭✭✭

@Andy P said:
    I'd like to see a section on our forum to advertise streaming/video channels (twitch, mixer, youtube etc.). It may also make sense to have a place for clans to advertise for the different games.

I like this idea, sounds like a great thing that would benefit all communities.
    A similar list of live streams to the one at http://eso-community.net/ could work well here if it included all Age games in it.

• _NiceKING__NiceKING_ Member, Insider ✭✭✭

Fix the bugs with the reactions (Spams) first.

• rhrmnrhrmn USAMember, Insider ✭✭✭✭✭

NiceKING said:

Be more specific.

edited October 8

@rhrmn said:

NiceKING said:

Be more specific.

I had 2 spams on my account. When the posts flagged as Spam got removed I still had 2 spams on my account, ok no problem. Then within a day 2 spams increased to 12 spams even though I did not post anything that would had been considered as spam, and again I cannot see any posts under Spams. I asked AndyP and he doesn't know. I messaged @snickerdoodle and @jennywaboom but no response yet.

Got a reply from @jennywaboom. The bug with the reactions is being fixed. :)

• TestableWharf54TestableWharf54 Member, Insider ✭✭

I would just like to be able to see who replied most recently to a post when in a category like this page. At present all you can see is who posted the discussion.

• FrontwardFir33FrontwardFir33 PragueMember, Insider

I have two questions / suggestions:

• is it possible to change sensitivity for mouse / TrackPoint?
    • is it possible to add function for calling all villagers to defense village center?
      Thx
    edited October 23

@FrontwardFir33 said:
    I have two questions / suggestions:

• is it possible to change sensitivity for mouse / TrackPoint?
    • is it possible to add function for calling all villagers to defense village center?
      Thx

No, I don't think it's possible to do these things through a website.

Not sure whether this is a feature of the website, or moderators trying out some stuff or whatever, but I would highly suggest removing this feature where the forum posts messages under my name when I'm asleep: https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/2729/trying-to-recover-old-account#latest

Imagine my surprise as I enter a thread with "unread messages", only to find out someone posted a message there under my own username. I find that seriously messed up.

• rhrmnrhrmn USAMember, Insider ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eaglemut said:
    Not sure whether this is a feature of the website, or moderators trying out some stuff or whatever, but I would highly suggest removing this feature where the forum posts messages under my name when I'm asleep: https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/2729/trying-to-recover-old-account#latest

Imagine my surprise as I enter a thread with "unread messages", only to find out someone posted a message there under my own username. I find that seriously messed up.

Um...@jennywaboom @snickerdoodle, some help here please?

• KingDarBojaKingDarBoja ColombiaMember, Insider ✭✭✭

@Eaglemut said:

Or maybe it was a wrong post from a older post that got submitted at the wrong topic.
    I don't know but the forum behaviour is a bit weird sometimes.

• PCS70PCS70 NLMember, Insider ✭✭✭

Are we talking about this website?
    http://www.agecommunity.com/