Community Forums

Age of Empires: DE Release Update

jennywaboomjennywaboom Redmond, WA Member, Administrator, Insider admin
edited October 16 in Announcements

Age of Empires: DE release moved back: “It’s a classic, and it deserves to be handled with careful reverence.”

Please check out the full blog post for more info here.

(Update 10/16/2017) Please note that the Windows Store page for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is currently listing the planned release date as 12/31/2018. This is a placeholder, and does not reflect our target release date. We will update that page once the final release date has been announced. You can follow Age of Empires on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news.

Comments

  • KotokoKotoko Member, Insider

    I agree with what ya did.

  • Stevenx110Stevenx110 ColombiaMember, Insider

    Para mi es una noticia triste pero es entendible ya que Age of Empires I es un juego que debe ser tratado como la joya de la corona de Microsoft.

  • ZZking22ZZking22 Member, Insider

    Jenny can you add me to the beta version of the game please? i signed up twice but never got contacted. I need my fix with all this delay business. gamertag: ZZking22

  • OlePoppaDaddyOlePoppaDaddy Member, Insider

    Oddly, I was charged last week for the game, I pre-ordered the first day, and received an email today stating a release date of December 31 2018... I signed up for the beta months ago and when I signed in today I was no longer singed up for the beta... I've paid... I should have something Wednesday.

  • RainbowComb7179RainbowComb7179 UKMember, Insider

    I am disgusted with the last minute 14 month delay. I was sent an email saying I could cancel my order, which I am seriously thinking of doing. Surprisingly trying to find out how to do this takes you round in circles. I was excited by the prospect of being able to play an old favourite, even accepting that my previously purchased AoE2, 3 and Age of mythology needed to be scrapped. This is the first and last time I will pre-order software.

  • HansHSCHansHSC BelgiumMember, Insider

    Jenny , can you add me to the Beta please, Day one AOE player here. GamerTag HansHSC. Thanks in advance

  • EaglemutEaglemut Member ✭✭✭

    @RainbowComb7179 said:
    I am disgusted with the last minute 14 month delay. I was sent an email saying I could cancel my order, which I am seriously thinking of doing. Surprisingly trying to find out how to do this takes you round in circles. I was excited by the prospect of being able to play an old favourite, even accepting that my previously purchased AoE2, 3 and Age of mythology needed to be scrapped. This is the first and last time I will pre-order software.

    You'd rather get a broken game in one week? The expected delay is not 14 months, read through the linked blog post. It's early 2018.

  • RainbowComb7179RainbowComb7179 UKMember, Insider

    If the game doesn't work then obviously it needs to be fixed. My issue, like many others, is with the communication. I understand 31st December 2018 is a "holding" date, but it the only "official" date I have seen. Likewise the email sent to me said I have the option of a refund on my pre-order but again finding out how to actually get this is tortuous. This whole issue could have been much better managed.

  • CyanHarmony1585CyanHarmony1585 Member, Insider

    They claimed the beta was back open to try but when signing up you get only this forum? How do you sign up to actually try the game?

  • Am0TadAm0Tad USAMember, Insider

    Give all the people whom have Pre-ordered the game priority to the Beta. That is what all reputable game developers do. We have already been charged.

  • DirtierHarp07DirtierHarp07 StourbridgeMember, Insider

    Never mind, it is after all only a game, I would rather wait a bit longer to ensure it is right, then hopefully we will not be disappointed. Can't see that ever happening though.

  • JetFiree30JetFiree30 Member, Insider

    Veuillez bien lire ce qu'il se dit au lieu de pleurnicher chacun votre tour ... certe ils ont prit du retard mais ça doit etre pour une bonne raison ! on est plus a 2 jours pres apres 20 ans de sortie du jeu , il annonce pour début 2018 et non comme le mail que l'on a tous reçu pour fin 2018 !!

  • killerjoe2002killerjoe2002 Member, Insider

    @JetFiree30
    Surtout que ça fera un super cadeau pour noël! Meme si s'est un peu en retard pour ça aussi...

  • RestfulTester23RestfulTester23 Member, Insider

    Anyone else get auto-refunded? I pre-ordered and did not want a refund even with the delay, but today I got this email:

    "
    Hi there,

    At your request, your order placed on Monday, September 25, 2017 has been refunded. You should see $21.39 credited to your account soon.
    "

    I wonder if Microsoft just decided to refund all pre-orders due to the delay? I definitely did not ask for it.

  • The GomseyThe Gomsey Member, Insider

    Better to have a complete game that doesn't tarnish something as delicate as AoE is. People have to remember this was a genre definer and still is. This is something that shouldn't be rushed by any means.

  • SamplingPanda22SamplingPanda22 Member, Insider

    @RestfulTester23 said:
    Anyone else get auto-refunded? I pre-ordered and did not want a refund even with the delay, but today I got this email:

    "
    Hi there,

    At your request, your order placed on Monday, September 25, 2017 has been refunded. You should see $21.39 credited to your account soon.
    "

    I wonder if Microsoft just decided to refund all pre-orders due to the delay? I definitely did not ask for it.

    Hello there,

    I actually got refunded yesterday without asking for it. I was a bit concerned that my pre-order was also canceled since I had not asked for the refund.

    Because of that I called Microsoft to check on the status of my pre-order. To summarize, the game got refunded because of the change in release date. I discovered that Microsoft charges payment for all digital pre-orders 10 days before the release of the game.

    So, this means that the game will be refunded and than 10 days before the new release date Microsoft should charge the price for the game again. However, I would call in a couple weeks to check on the status of the order to make sure that it has reset correctly so that you will have access to the game when it comes out with minimal fuss.

    For me I chose to cancel my current pre-order and than repurchase it to make sure that there are no issues when the time comes for the game to come out.

  • CordedGorilla81CordedGorilla81 San FranciscoMember, Insider

    I have played all of the old version my entire life. I am really excited, this is the best game ever!!!
    I am with my fingers crossed to be selected!!!!!

  • mrmicahmooseheadmrmicahmoosehead Member, Insider

    Thanks to all the people working on this game. Taking more time to smooth the game out is totally worth the wait.

  • Ben454Ben454 Berlin - GermanyMember

    Hello everyone. I just have a general question: Are there any surveys to get to the closed BETA? Or will they randomly pick "their" testers? I do not understand it... and i am a bit confused about all that...

    Maybe someone can explain it?

    Thanks in advance

  • KingDarBojaKingDarBoja ColombiaMember, Insider ✭✭✭

    @Ben454 said:
    Hello everyone. I just have a general question: Are there any surveys to get to the closed BETA? Or will they randomly pick "their" testers? I do not understand it... and i am a bit confused about all that...

    Maybe someone can explain it?

    Thanks in advance

    No, as far I know, they have already the first survey that everyone around here filled the first time to become insiders. Now with that information, they pick their testers according to their system specs (atleast WIN 10), but with variety of countries and such things in order to test the game.

  • mejortangomejortango Member

    Please add me to the beta

  • thrunabilaxthrunabilax SloveniaMember

    I don't mind the delay that much but sure am a little anxious to play this beast again after all these years.

  • Radec2407Radec2407 Member, Insider

    I have 3 months answering surveys without any email to download the beta version. Hope i can get it, my gamertag is radec2407

  • AugustusmanAugustusman Member ✭✭✭

    @mejortango said:
    Please add me to the beta

    Buy the pre order.

  • AugustusmanAugustusman Member ✭✭✭

    @Radec2407 said:
    I have 3 months answering surveys without any email to download the beta version. Hope i can get it, my gamertag is radec2407

    Contact @jennywaboom you are beta already.

  • Radec2407Radec2407 Member, Insider

    @Augustusman said:

    @Radec2407 said:
    I have 3 months answering surveys without any email to download the beta version. Hope i can get it, my gamertag is radec2407

    Contact @jennywaboom you are beta already.

    Thx a lot, i ve already downloaded the game but not many people play at this moment and campaign is unavailable

  • AugustusmanAugustusman Member ✭✭✭

    @Radec2407 said:

    @Augustusman said:

    @Radec2407 said:
    I have 3 months answering surveys without any email to download the beta version. Hope i can get it, my gamertag is radec2407

    Contact @jennywaboom you are beta already.

    Thx a lot, i ve already downloaded the game but not many people play at this moment and campaign is unavailable

    This beta they focus to test, you can able to play like early access.

  • pate623pate623 Member, Insider ✭✭✭

    @KingDarBoja said:

    @Ben454 said:
    Hello everyone. I just have a general question: Are there any surveys to get to the closed BETA? Or will they randomly pick "their" testers? I do not understand it... and i am a bit confused about all that...

    Maybe someone can explain it?

    Thanks in advance

    No, as far I know, they have already the first survey that everyone around here filled the first time to become insiders. Now with that information, they pick their testers according to their system specs (atleast WIN 10), but with variety of countries and such things in order to test the game.

    WIN 10 isn't necessity. I filled survey whilst using windows 7 and still got in the beta.

Sign In or Register to comment.