Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Pre-order Update - Age of Empires

AoE Community TeamAoE Community Team Member, Administrator admin
edited November 9 in Remember When . . .

imageAge of Empires: Definitive Edition Pre-order Update - Age of Empires

Hey everyone!   We recently announced that we’re taking some extra time to make Age of Empires: Definitive Edition the best game it can be, and we were thrilled with the outpouring of support that came from the community. We’re dedicated to treating this 20-year-old classic with the respect it deserves as a hallmark of … Continued

Read the full story here

Comments

• cenGii91cenGii91 Member, Insider
    edited November 9

My code for Rise of Nations couldn't be redeemed. It says:"Kontaktieren Sie die Person, von der Sie diesen Code erhalten haben. Er kann nicht eingelöst werden." which means: Contact the person, who sent you this code. He can't be redeemed. Great Job, dudes. :/

I also signed up for the beta and didn't receive anything. Neither a confirmation, nor an invite.

Either the system is totally wrecked up or my bad luck won't let me get anything, but a gigantic, massive hole of disappointment.

Really, really annoyed by that.

• 32domitech32domitech Member

@cenGii91 said:
    My code for Rise of Nations couldn't be redeemed. It says:"Kontaktieren Sie die Person, von der Sie diesen Code erhalten haben. Er kann nicht eingelöst werden." which means: Contact the person, who sent you this code. He can't be redeemed. Great Job, dudes. :/

I also signed up for the beta and didn't receive anything. Neither a confirmation, nor an invite.

Either the system is totally wrecked up or my bad luck won't let me get anything, but a gigantic, massive hole of disappointment.

Same with me. :(

• TeutonicusTeutonicus Germany / DeutschlandMember, Insider

@32domitech said:

@cenGii91 said:

Same with me. :(

Yep :/ Same

• wretchedspawnwretchedspawn floridaMember, Insider

cant redeem invalid code

• Andy PAndy P Member, Moderator mod

Solid move.

• Ahmad Ali KarimAhmad Ali Karim Member ✭✭
    edited November 9

I SHOULD HAVE PRE ORDERED AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    xDDDD

• AllrunesAllrunes Member, Insider

Hello! I received the email yet the code for the game does not work, furthermore I never received any invite email to the beta at all.

• Lord MeiouLord Meiou Member, Insider

I had the same issue, so I contacted MS. They are looking into it.

• TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Scranton, PAMember, Insider ✭✭✭

Wow that's funny, I pre-ordered before, the issue, and i pre-order again for the new date, and I have received nothing from MS regarding free game or beta invite, wow good move MS. Any Help @Andy P or @jennywaboom

• AlexisNightAlexisNight Member, Insider

Same issue for me.

• robytigersrobytigers Member, Insider

Hello, same problem here.

• MehkindMehkind Member, Insider ✭✭✭

+1 can'r redeem the code. Gave me an error :(

• same problem with me

• KuarthKuarth Member, Insider

How do I start the beta program? when I lauch, i get error saying "you are too early". How to start the beta?

• rhrmnrhrmn USAMember, Insider ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ahmad Ali Karim said:
    I SHOULD HAVE PRE ORDERED AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    xDDDD

There's still time to pre-order for closed beta access. ;)

• trajano2211trajano2211 Member, Insider

How can I join to the beta? I received the refund without any code of Rise of Nations, but it isn't important. I bought again one day after the automatically refound and I are waiting to beta program.

• Skynomen88Skynomen88 Member, Insider

Preordered, and signed up for the beta but nothing came, i'm sad :(

• WimpyspudWimpyspud Member, Insider

Pre-ordered and signed up for the beta. When can we expect the beta invite?

• FusionLordFusionLord Member, Insider

@Torgrimmer Just to clear some things up. You may have pre-ordered and NOT been charged for the pre-order(You weren't supposed to be). Some users(Including myself) WERE charged(This wasn't supposed to happen) for the pre-order and were refunded as well as received a game code for RoN: EE. It sounds like you were in the first group. Great news tho, When the invites are send out for pre-orders to join the BETA you should receive one! Hope to see you there.

• rhrmnrhrmn USAMember, Insider ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10

Hey guys, the Age of Empires community team posted on Twitter that the Rise of Nations: Extended Edition codes for the Microsoft Store should be redeemable by midnight PDT (6 hours from now).

@slonxlegend said typing in the code manually may work instead of copying the code.

https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/comment/24902/#Comment_24902

• jennywaboomjennywaboom Redmond, WA Member, Administrator, Insider admin

@rhrmn said:
    Hey guys, the Age of Empires community team posted on Twitter that the Rise of Nations: Extended Edition codes for the Microsoft Store should be redeemable by midnight PDT (6 hours from now).

@slonxlegend said typing in the code manually may work instead of copying the code.

https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/comment/24902/#Comment_24902

Thanks for sharing here @rhrmn! And I was just told that they should actually be working now, so for those of you who have gotten your emails go ahead and check again:)

• HimHim Hong KongMember

What about if I have already purchased Rise of Nations: Extended Edition?

• Z3Z3 Member, Insider

Honestly I think giving us rise of nations was not the best choice the group of people that were preordering aoe are very likely to have already purchased RON. I think a choice from a few different games would have been a more genuine apology

• LootvigLootvig GermanyMember, Insider

@Chan Tsz Him said:
    What about if I have already purchased Rise of Nations: Extended Edition?

Same here.

@Z3 said:
    Honestly I think giving us rise of nations was not the best choice the group of people that were preordering aoe are very likely to have already purchased RON. I think a choice from a few different games would have been a more genuine apology

Good point.

• ShakenNotStirredShakenNotStirred Member, Insider

How do I get access to the beta? When I click the link it just asks me for my email to sign up for the insider program even though I've been signed up for a couple of months now.

• WyzouskiWyzouski Member

I think the trailer should be updated to reflect the new release date.

• DoogerieDoogerie Member, Insider

I have not got any E-mail about this what's going on ? On an unrelated note Blizzerd did give me a free game today.

• iviijiniviijin Member, Insider

This is what happens when you put a girl in charge of a game.

• SatsumaFieber87SatsumaFieber87 GermanyMember, Insider

I pre-ordered and signed up for the beta. When can we expect the beta invitation?