Hey all, since the beta is over now we have closed down the beta specific forums. Don't freak out if you can't see it, it's not a glitch:)

Cheers,
jennywaboom
Hey all!

We've just implemented a new version of our old forum ranks!

The new "Idle Villager" rank has some slightly limited abilities here in the forums, and they cannot post discussions or do things like post links or set a signature on their posts. When you have commented 3 times you'll reach the rank of "Scout Cavalry" and gain all the usual posting abilities! This is to help combat spam, and should not affect most of you, as you have likely already posted more than 5 times and have a higher rank:)

Check out the list of ranks here: https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/15139/forum-rank-system/p1?new=1

How can i download a lost program file ?

CornealWolf7558CornealWolf7558 Member ✭Idle Villager✭

Hello everybody, I'm using the old version of AoE III, the CD-ROM game. Unfortunately, maybe cause a pc's error the shortcut "Age of Empires III.lnk" has been deleted today. How can i get it back ?
I thank you in advice !

Answers

• KaoKao Member, Insider ✭Idle Villager✭
    edited November 2017

You could just check the trash bin.
    If not the other solution is this one:
    Go to the directory where your game is installed, this should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\ by default.
    Then inside this directory you should find a file named age3 (or age3.exe) for the game without any extensions (it's agex for Warchief and agey for Asian Dynasty). Then right click the file and choose "create a shortcut" -> this will create a shortcut and put in the directory, it should be named something like "age3 - shortcut". Move it to your desktop and renamed it as you want.