Pre-order Beta Access Reminder

jennywaboomjennywaboom Redmond, WA Member, Administrator, Insider admin
edited November 30 in News and Announcements

Hey all,
We've encountered a bit of confusion from some people who have pre-ordered the game, but not received the beta invitation email. Please remember that you will ONLY receive the email if you signed up for the Age of Empires Insiders Program with the same Microsoft Account email that you pre-ordered the game with.

If you do not receive the invitation email within 7-10 days of pre-ordering that is likely why. Don't worry though, you do not need the welcome email to access the beta; it just provides the instructions for how to download it, which you can now find below:

Installing the Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Beta on Your Windows 10 PC

1. Open the Windows 10 Store.
  2. Ensure that you are signed into the store with the correct MSA! You must use the same account you used to pre-order the game.
  3. Search for, download, and launch the Xbox Insider Hub app from the Windows 10 Store.
  4. Sign in with the MSA assigned to the Gamertag you used to pre-order the game.
  5. Select Insider Content on the left hand side.
  6. Select Age of Empires Closed Beta.
  7. Select Join.
  8. Download the Game.

Getting Access to the Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Beta Forum

If you pre-ordered, but have not signed up for the Age of Empires Insiders Program, you still will not have access to the hidden Closed Beta forums. If that is the case, please private message myself (@jennywaboom) or @snickerdoodle letting us know your Gamertag and MSA, and we will work on getting you access. Please be patient, as there are a lot of requests for us to get through.

If you did sign up for the Age Insiders Program, then you will be granted forum access within 7-10 days, along with the Beta invitation email. Again, please be patient, it will come! Message myself or @snickerdoodle if you haven't received access within the 7-10 day window.

Comments

• AugustusmanAugustusman Member ✭✭✭✭

At last, thank you. I started to Boeing about discuss this.

• ToasterHerbst27ToasterHerbst27 Member, Insider

I did everything you wrote and got this error: "Your registration is taking longer than expected. Please come back later."

• GazzimbaGazzimba Member, Insider

works like a charm.. Thanks :)

• Hannes123Hannes123 Member, Insider

I have bought the Definitive Edition recently, but unfortunately I only see "Minecraft for Windows 10" when I select Insider Content.

Do you have any suggestions about what to do?

@Hannes123 said:
    I have bought the Definitive Edition recently, but unfortunately I only see "Minecraft for Windows 10" when I select Insider Content.

You pre order the game?

@Augustusman said:

@Hannes123 said:

You pre order the game?

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah, as I said a pre-ordered the game about one or two hours ago.

Here you can see it:

• DreiSpreu460DreiSpreu460 Member, Insider

I have the same Problem.

• GrizzlyOmegaGrizzlyOmega Member, Insider

I also have the same problem, but preordered the game a long time ago and also signed up for the insider program 10+ days ago.

• kurozaelkurozael Member, Insider

I also have this problem it doesn't show in the Xbox Insider Hub app.

• PanzerVierPanzerVier Member, Insider

Same issue - I can see only Minecraft in the Xbox insider hub

• BURIN90BURIN90 BrasilMember, Insider

same here...

• DellanshDellansh Member, Insider

Only minecraft in my insider hub to, pre-order the game in july then got my money back and pre-order the second time. Signed up for beta 3-4 times on the same mail and got nothing. Reality check plz.

• C4RT4G3N4C4RT4G3N4 Member, Insider

got that same issue with the xbox insider hub

• kurozaelkurozael Member, Insider

Will we get any help from support with this problem?!

• nottudnottud Member, Insider

I think it has disappeared for everyone - I am in the beta and already have it downloaded and it has disappeared for me too and a few others have reported similarly. Possibly a technical issue somewhere which I am sure the devs will fix soon.

• lzarilzari Member, Insider

Seems to be fixed now. I bought the game on Sunday and now I can download it now.

@BURIN90 said:
    same here...

@BURIN90 said:
    same here...

the game worked here

• ThinkCanvas8323ThinkCanvas8323 Member, Insider

Not fixed yet. Buyed it on sunday, no beta atm.

Today I can see the game in the insider-hub.

I'm really looking forward to play it!

Everyone who has bought the game recently should wait some more days, it will appear!

• VocalicSauce282VocalicSauce282 Member, Insider

@PanzerVier said:

Me too

@Hannes123 said:
    Today I can see the game in the insider-hub.

I'm really looking forward to play it!

Everyone who has bought the game recently should wait some more days, it will appear!

New issue:

If I want to start the game it just creates a background process which gets removed very quickly, so I don't see more than the provided screenshot.

I have already restarted my pc, but it doesn't affect the problem.

Any suggestions?

• LunaEspaniaLunaEspania Republic of KoreaMember, Insider

Now I pre order it again. I'd like to be one of beta members

• ALEX0512sALEX0512s Member, Insider

If I want to start a game, the download comes up to the main menu, as the screenshot shows. If you click any menu button, only the same forum page “Pre-order Beta Access Reminder” из “News and Announcements” opens. As a result, the game itself never starts.
    How do I fix this error?

@ALEX0512s said:
    If I want to start a game, the download comes up to the main menu, as the screenshot shows. If you click any menu button, only the same forum page “Pre-order Beta Access Reminder” из “News and Announcements” opens. As a result, the game itself never starts.
    How do I fix this error?

Use beta subforum.

• PanzerVierPanzerVier Member, Insider

@VocalicSauce282 said:

@PanzerVier said:

Me too

@VocalicSauce282 said:

@PanzerVier said:

Me too

Now it is working - it came up in the insider hub as soon as they rectified the problem. I'm sure it will be only a matter of time before you see it as well.

Still not working. Best of all, I don't have the permission to view the aoede_beta forum.

I deleted it and downloaded it again, still not working. Awsome. Great service!

@kil>; @Hannes123 said:

Still not working. Best of all, I don't have the permission to view the aoede_beta forum.

Send a PM to @jennywaboom

• NopeTyphonusNopeTyphonus Member, Insider

My problem is different... i got the invite, i saw the link... but it says currently unavailable..!