Hey all!

We've just implemented a new version of our old forum ranks!

The new "Idle Villager" rank has some slightly limited abilities here in the forums, and they cannot post discussions or do things like post links or set a signature on their posts. When you have commented 3 times you'll reach the rank of "Scout Cavalry" and gain all the usual posting abilities! This is to help combat spam, and should not affect most of you, as you have likely already posted more than 5 times and have a higher rank:)

Check out the list of ranks here: https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/15139/forum-rank-system/p1?new=1

Microsoft, give a definitive edition, we deserve one too!

AltDarkWolf93AltDarkWolf93 Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

Every AOE is getting a definitive edition, I think that AOM, deserves one too and a sequel if possible.

Comments

• smitskesmitske Member, Insider ✭Musketeer✭

Well they gave us an extended edition, a monstrosity of poor quality that was completely neglected and ignored by the incompetent people in charge after releasing it completely broken.

• EininfarEininfar Member, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

Personally, I'd be more keen on an actual sequel. (Chivalric/ Bushido/ Vedic era's please!!! )

• MehkindMehkind Member, Insider ✭Musketeer✭

I would love a definitive edition, however, I am more concerned about release of AOE 1-3 de's. Since they stumbled with firsts' release, with an unknown release date, now every other game plus AOE IV will be late. So we are practically staying with AOE series till 2020 from what I am guessing. Year 2020 is for if they are taking their time to build a proper AOE IV and proper DE treatments for 2 & 3.

Regardless, I think DE for AOM would make more sense if they announce AOM 2. This is just my opinion.

• CoolestGaiaCoolestGaia CA, U.S.A.Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

I hope MS thinks for DE of this one too.

• bubblebubble Member, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

aoe2 vs aom lol, how bad development can impact a community :( aom shoulda been up there with aoe2 right now, same starting numbers, but word of mouth spreads fast

• KingDarBojaKingDarBoja ColombiaMember, Insider ✭Crossbowman✭

I still playing AoM but I do feel like a Definitive Edition is needed.

• IamDalvIamDalv Member, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

Cant agree with that @bubble , AOE2 HD had huge problems post-launch as well but players stayed there because the gameplay is superior, as opposed to just satisfying their nostalgia and moving on.
    AOM EE might have been populated more if fixed properly, but it still wouldn't have been close to AOE2HD in player numbers, it's just not as good.

• AWildDittoLOLAWildDittoLOL Member, Insider ✭Idle Villager✭

It would be amazing a definitive edition with mayan aztecan expansion "Cthulhu rises"

• bubblebubble Member, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

@IamDalv said:
    Cant agree with that @bubble , AOE2 HD had huge problems post-launch as well but players stayed there because the gameplay is superior, as opposed to just satisfying their nostalgia and moving on.
    AOM EE might have been populated more if fixed properly, but it still wouldn't have been close to AOE2HD in player numbers, it's just not as good.

I never said aoe2 didn't have launch problems but they were never as big as aom's problems and they were fixed quickly. AoM was literally unplayable and the lag to this day is still unbearable for teamgames

• XLightningStormLXLightningStormL AustraliaMember ✭Scout Cavalry✭

@AltDarkWolf93 said:
    Every AOE is getting a definitive edition, I think that AOM, deserves one too and a sequel if possible.

AoMEE needs to be fixed, THEN they can release it on the MS Store.

• CivilianAxis31CivilianAxis31 Member ✭Idle Villager✭

Yes we need a definitive edition.

• MehkindMehkind Member, Insider ✭Musketeer✭

I am with you all.

• AugustusmanAugustusman Member, Insider ✭Knight✭

Another incomplete version full of bugs?

• GrizzGolfGrizzGolf MaineMember, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

DE would be awesome

• UrbanizedGem684UrbanizedGem684 Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

Would love to see, not a DE but a next sequel to AoM. AoM2. especially if Aoe4 is not going to take place in ancient/medieval warfare. AoM2 would be a fair compensation for the lack of the ancient/medieval atmosphere to the new title. Hopefully they don't give to the DEs this role..

• CoolestGaiaCoolestGaia CA, U.S.A.Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

I AM GAIA. I LOVE THOSE WHO SHOW LOVE. MICROSOFT I WANT TO SEE MYSELF IN 4K WITH MAKEUP!!!

• PCS70PCS70 NLMember, Insider ✭Musketeer✭

Maybe it's the 'unannounced project' of Relic Entertainment? o:)

• WillworkforicecreamWillworkforicecream Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

I feel so bad for the AoM community. The original game was great and they didn't deserve what happened to them with AoM:EE

• WillworkforicecreamWillworkforicecream Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

The soundtrack was the best in the series, in my opinion. I used to spend hours reading the in-game encyclopedia. Such a neat feature for single player.

edited May 12

@PCS70 said:
    Maybe it's the 'unannounced project' of Relic Entertainment? o:)

As long as skybox is not involved at least there is a small chance it wont suck.

@smitske They took over development from Ensemble Studio right after the Titans expansion release correct?

Ensemble knows this franchise best of all, but they are limited with the quality of the hired programmers too. Older engines and code you didn't write are a nightmare to work with for any developer. One bugfix can introduce 5 new bugs you didn't think of and so on.

Programming is an art and like with real artists only a select group of programmers are able to deliver masterpieces.

edited May 12

@PCS70 said:
    @smitske They took over development from Ensemble Studio right after the Titans expansion release correct?

Ensemble knows this franchise best of all, but they are limited with the quality of the hired programmers too. Older engines and code you didn't write are a nightmare to work with for any developer. One bugfix can introduce 5 new bugs you didn't think of and so on.

Programming is an art and like with real artists only a select group of programmers are able to deliver masterpieces.

No they made the bad EE version and the absolutely horrendous TOTD "dlc" and refuse to fix it.
    I am a programmer so I am well aware of the possible issues, that however does not change the disgraceful result they have brought and and the sheer negligence and lack of responsibility of skybox labs if you mess up you live up to it and make it right, you don't act like nothing happened.

@smitske said:

@PCS70 said:

No they made the bad EE version and the absolutely horrendous TOTD "dlc" and refuse to fix it.
    I am a programmer so I am well aware of the possible issues, that however does not change the disgraceful result they have brought and and the sheer negligence and lack of responsibility of skybox labs if you mess up you live up to it and make it right, you don't act like nothing happened.

I got it somewhere in my Steam collection but didn't play it (yet). I do like AOM Titans of that series and think that was a well finished game at the time of release.

My all time AOE favorites are now AOE 0 (Project Celeste), 2 (HD), 1 DE, 3 and in that specific order.

@PCS70 said:

@smitske said:

@PCS70 said:

I got it somewhere in my Steam collection but didn't play it (yet). I do like AOM Titans of that series and think that was a well finished game at the time of release.

My all time AOE favorites are now AOE 0 (Project Celeste), 2 (HD), 1 DE, 3 and in that specific order.

The DLC I am talking about is not the titans.