Community Forums

Welcome!!

jennywaboomjennywaboom Redmond, WA Member, Administrator, Insider admin
edited May 30 in Announcements

Hey Everybody!

We are so excited to start sharing these new forums with you! We also welcome any feed back, so please feel free to post here!

As a reminder here is what you should expect with the move here from the old forum:

• All current forum members automatically have accounts here in the new forum, so you can log in to the new forum with the same credentials!
  • Your post history and reputation will remain intact back on the old site, but won't be transferred over here to the new forum.
  • The Legacy forums on the old site will be locked, and new ones will be activated here on the new platform.
  • The old forums will become the offical Castle Siege forums at forums.castlesiegegame.com, along with the game page for Castle Siege.
  • And forums.ageofempires.com will be the home for the new platform, focused on legacy titles.

And here is a reminder about why we are doing this, just in case you forgot;)

Long story short, we're splitting the Castle Siege and Age Legacy forums into two separate platforms; the Castle Siege forums will still be on our old forum platform, and we'll be using this new forum for the Legacy side.

We're doing this because we've noticed through the years that the Castle Siege and Legacy communities have different needs, and the Castle Siege activity has become the overwhelming majority on the old site. We want to be able to serve the Legacy community just as well as the Castle Siege one, so we're building a forum where that community can reside and get better support from within.

While we are working through this transition please let us know if there are any other features you wish this forum had, we are going to be continually working to make this new forum be the best that it can be for everyone!

Thanks for making this jump with us guys!

Comments

• KaelionKaelion Member ✭✭

Hello,

Will the forum be improved in terms of design?

So soon an age of empires 4 for the e3?

• dariakusdariakus Keeper Emeritus Member, Insider ✭✭

Is there no way to change avatar image anymore? Also, the social media links under account settings seem to be broken (I get an error going to the facebook one, at least). Lastly, it seems the Signature settings aren't enabled?

edited May 31

There also don't seem to be any column headers. I'm guessing one is posts and one is views?

• jennywaboomjennywaboom Redmond, WA Member, Administrator, Insider admin

@dariakus said:
    Is there no way to change avatar image anymore? Also, the social media links under account settings seem to be broken (I get an error going to the facebook one, at least). Lastly, it seems the Signature settings aren't enabled?

You should be able to change your image if you click on the little gear under your name in the top right corner, choosing edit Profile, and then go to the change my picture tab!

The Social links are being changed to include our Mixer channel, so they may be down for a bit while that is being handled:)

I thought we enabled signatures, but I will double check and see if I can get it working!

As to the column headers, I will look into it! It does look rather confusing at the moment doesn't it...

Thank you so much for the feed back!

• JankyPineapple6729JankyPineapple6729 Member, Insider
    edited May 31

It's cool to see the new forums live, it's definitely a good decision to split castle siege and the original franchise since they work rather differently.
    If you want to see this forum used by players it would be great to have some features specifically for AoE:

• A sidebar with currently live twitch streams
    • The possibility to upload/archive recorded games, ideally with tools for automatic analyzing of the core stats (player names, civ, map played, etc.), -
    • Maybe the possibility to link your steam account and have your rating shown.

@jennywaboom said:

@dariakus said:

You should be able to change your image if you click on the little gear under your name in the top right corner, choosing edit Profile, and then go to the change my picture tab!

The Social links are being changed to include our Mixer channel, so they may be down for a bit while that is being handled:)

I thought we enabled signatures, but I will double check and see if I can get it working!

As to the column headers, I will look into it! It does look rather confusing at the moment doesn't it...

Thank you so much for the feed back!

Unfortunately it looks like I don't have that option. Perhaps a permissions setting?

Unfortunately it looks like I don't have that option. Perhaps a permissions setting?

Yes, I realized that after I sent it haha! We have reached out to the company we are hosting the servers through, and are waiting for info on how to adjust that setting! Should hopefully have it changed soon!

@Jineapple said:
    It's cool to see the new forums live, it's definitely a good decision to split castle siege and the original franchise since they work rather differently.
    If you want to see this forum used by players it would be great to have some features specifically for AoE:

• A sidebar with currently live twitch streams
    • The possibility to upload/archive recorded games, ideally with tools for automatic analyzing of the core stats (player names, civ, map played, etc.), -
    • Maybe the possibility to link your steam account and have your rating shown.

OOH I love all of those! I will make a note and chat with the team to see how reasonable it would be to get some stuff like that added:)

Very good idea.
    And you can add a section for age of empires online?

• NoideaNoidea Member

Hmm... Design doesn't look that great. Bit small.

Also like the idea of the Age of Empires Online section. Let's not forget the best horse in the stable

@Kaelion said:
    Very good idea.
    And you can add a section for age of empires online?

Yes definitely! I will add a legacy games section:)

Thanks
    And an announcement for age of empires 4 and a return of age of empires online would be perfect

• TheJohnnyBangTheJohnnyBang Member

The pictures you show look like the castle siege forums. (The old forums) mine here looks completely different

• Wicked WulfWicked Wulf Member, Moderator mod

@TheJohnnyBang said:
    The pictures you show look like the castle siege forums. (The old forums) mine here looks completely different

Castle Siege Forum is still there.....and open. This is only for AOE II, III and Mythology. - Two separate forums.

• TheJohnnyBangTheJohnnyBang Member

@Wicked Wulf said:

@TheJohnnyBang said:

Castle Siege Forum is still there.....and open. This is only for AOE II, III and Mythology. - Two separate forums.

Yep, I was just curious why my page on this forum looks so much different than the pics she is posting unless they are before the switch

• LegittiLegitti FinlandMember, Insider

Looking good, just wondering if can we see badge list somewhere?

• smitskesmitske Member, Insider ✭✭✭

So will AoM be supported now or will it just be the same old incompetent M$ twats not doing any community interaction and incompetent devs that ruined the game and refuse to fix things?

• rhrmnrhrmn USAMember, Insider ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8

What is the purpose of the legacy games forums when there are Steam forums for each of the legacy games? The Steam Community Hubs for each of the legacy games are the forums of choice for fans. No need to have separate forums on the Age of Empires official website and split the community.

@rhrmn said:
    What is the purpose of the legacy games forums when there are Steam forums for each of the legacy games? The Steam Community Hubs for each of the legacy games are the forums of choice for fans. No need to have separate forums on the Age of Empires official website and split the community.

Well the forums on the age of empires official website have already been around (for years I believe) they are really just getting a bit of a facelift, and some new features with this switch. We are also definitely not trying to split the community, or asking anyone from the steam forums to suddenly stop using those and come over here. This is simply another space where Age fans can come together and discuss the games:)

• rhrmnrhrmn USAMember, Insider ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8

@jennywaboom said:

@rhrmn said:

Well the forums on the age of empires official website have already been around (for years I believe) they are really just getting a bit of a facelift, and some new features with this switch. We are also definitely not trying to split the community, or asking anyone from the steam forums to suddenly stop using those and come over here. This is simply another space where Age fans can come together and discuss the games:)

The new Vanilla forums for the legacy games are definitely not a facelift of the IPS forums. The IPS forums were much cleaner, easier to navigate and easier to read than the new Vanilla forums. As an Age fan, I would rather be directed to the main space, Steam community hub for each legacy title, than be sent to these forums without any history and much less interaction. Another space for Age fans splits the community in two.

• Chuggles22Chuggles22 Member, Moderator, Insider mod

@jennywaboom ... must've been frustrating to not have been able to speak about upcoming facelift here. Kudos to you lol

@Chuggles22 said:
    @jennywaboom ... must've been frustrating to not have been able to speak about upcoming facelift here. Kudos to you lol

tad bit frustrating, yes :tongue:

• MCJimMCJim Member ✭✭

Hey guys, good job making this new forum. I gotta say it looks good. Makes me think about the old agecommunity forums which are removed right now. The forums you made after that certainly didn't look as good as this one, so well done! One thing I have to mention though is that the whole Age of Empires III community (I'm part of it too; in the Media Team to be exactly) is on their own made forum: http://eso-community.net/. Therefore it's unlikely you will find many AoE3 players here, but who knows...

One thing I'd like to see added here is post count. Is that left behind for a reason?

• NoideaNoidea Member

Ugly looking forum.... In 2017 we can do better then this.

• Basement_BatmanBasement_Batman MichiganMember

Hey everyone. Excited to be on the forums, and, Nice glasses Jenny! When can we expect an update on the beta? Any timing we should be aware of?

• MisguidedMonk54MisguidedMonk54 Athens, GreeceMember, Insider ✭✭✭

@Basement_Batman said:
    Hey everyone. Excited to be on the forums, and, Nice glasses Jenny! When can we expect an update on the beta? Any timing we should be aware of?

No official comment about it but the first phase I believe that is going to start this week.

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@Basement_Batman said:

No official comment about it but the first phase I believe that is going to start this week.

Is this just a theory or did you find a small kernel of info somewhere?

@Wicked Wulf said:

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@Basement_Batman said:

It is a theory, but it is based on some info :)

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@Wicked Wulf said:

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@Basement_Batman said:

Seeing as how today is Thursday......and your comment was 2 days ago.....I am holding my bets at this time lol

@Wicked Wulf said:

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@Wicked Wulf said:

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@Basement_Batman said:

Seeing as how today is Thursday......and your comment was 2 days ago.....I am holding my bets at this time lol

Nice :wink: