Rebut Age Of Empires Online.

Please Microsoft restart the great "Age Of Empires Online".
People loves that Game. It's been a long time that it closed.
But don't you think you have to reopen that???

Comments

• EJ WizardEJ Wizard Member

I definitely enjoyed AoE Online. I was in the Alpha back when it was Project S and Project Spartan. I was in the beta too. (even have the achievement, though they changed it). I also have 100% completion on the achievements for AoE Online. I really wish it had been more successful and they had expanded it like they originally intended.

• Elite CataphractElite Cataphract v-jegodwMember, Insider ✭✭

@Leonidas Ajju said:
    Please Microsoft restart the great "Age Of Empires Online".
    People loves that Game. It's been a long time that it closed.
    But don't you think you have to reopen that???

I don't know if Microsoft will revive this game again in its current state, but I know there is a project called "Penelope", they have managed to run the game online already, you just need to register an account and give a donation for their work. I f you want more details, check their website here.

• MrPSIHO13MrPSIHO13 Member, Insider

AOEO4EVER :smiley:

• NoideaNoidea Member

Still restart by MS would be the way to go!

edited June 27

waiting is killing me :P
    (but i still hope on it)

only 3 years (even for beta test is small) :)

• sipomiserysipomisery Member

Its already back with project Celeste. Hopefully Microsoft would give it a thumbs up since its a non-commercial project. PVE and PVP is back already!

• aoebondaoebond Member, Insider

I was best tester for AOE online, I just enjoyed it a lot... I wish we get upgraded copy of AOE online too....

• CagierNebula24CagierNebula24 Member, Insider
    edited July 23

I've tried to play AOEO4EVER yesterday, the Penelope 1.3 version. When I try to play a game I get a 'saved game not found' crash.

I've tried to open some of the save games and I get no sound and it crashes when I try to do a save.

There is no help at all from their forum. I'm thinking I need the original online game files but I don't have them.

A pity, someone has obviously put a lot of work into this. I wish there was more basic information on their webpage about what you need to do to get this to work.

• FussasFussas Member, Insider

PLEEEEASE i want AOE online back!! I BUY again....

• PCS70PCS70 NLMember, Insider

I did spend quite some money into this game, also for my son, who liked to play this game too. Before it was possible to reach 100% completion on all CIV's (not a daily player of the game) the plug was pulled out of it. I agree they have to find a way bringing it back or else at least compensate to players who invested their money in it. Just release this to Steam and give back what customers already did pay for. Indeed the community version at AOEO4EVER.net looks very promising and Microsoft should support bringing back this AOE version too.