Community Forums

is there a way to cure gaming addiction ?

Yeshna12Yeshna12 Member, Insider ✭✭

I already have
1. Age of Mythology
2. Age of Empires 2 Hd
3. Age of empires 3
4. Rise of Nations
5. Tropico 4
6. Tropico 5
7. Dawn of War 1
8. Dawn of War 2
9. Anno 2070
10. Civilization 5
11. Civilization 6
12. Dawn of discovery
13. sinking island
14. still life 1 and 2
15. syberia 1 and 2
16. Zeus and Poseidon, Caesar 3, pharaoh and Cleopatra, Emperor Rise of the middle kingdom
17. Settlers 5,6,7
18. Rome : Grand ages
19. Spore
20. Cities Skylines
21. Rome Total War 1 and 2

Now I bought
1. Halo Wars Definitive Edition
2. Dawn of War 3
3. Syberia 3

Something must be seriously wrong with me.

Comments

• SeaPetalsSeaPetals TexasMember ✭✭

You appear to be someone that enjoys interacting with others in a variety of action, winning and defeat.

• PenelinfiPenelinfi Member, Insider ✭✭✭

There is a way to prevent it. Uninstall, and/or get a PC not able to run them, get rid of Steam and other platforms, give yourself user permissions so you cannot install new games ;p

I have some games on Steam I haven't even played. That's more annoying ;) Wasted money

• KingDarBojaKingDarBoja ColombiaMember, Insider ✭✭✭

I don't see it as a problem as long as you have social life, you don't get mad about winning or losing, you don't become a toxic player, etc.

• kinzokinzo beMember, Insider ✭✭✭

@KingDarBoja said:
    I don't see it as a problem as long as you have social life, you don't get mad about winning or losing, you don't become a toxic player, etc.

Seems i have alot of problems :neutral:

• RainmanCTRainmanCT Member, Insider

get a girlfriend?

• AugustusmanAugustusman Member ✭✭✭✭

Very little list
    Add
    Empire Earth 1-3
    Praetorians
    Imperium 1-3
    Civ city Rome
    Ancient Wars Sparta.
    0 A.D Empires Ascendants
    Rise and fall civilizations at war
    Caesar 2-4
    AoEO
    SC1-2
    Warcraft 3

• Yeshna12Yeshna12 Member, Insider ✭✭

@Augustusman said:
    Very little list
    Add
    Empire Earth 1-3
    Praetorians
    Imperium 1-3
    Civ city Rome
    Ancient Wars Sparta.
    0 A.D Empires Ascendants
    Caesar 2-4
    AoEO
    SC1-2
    Warcraft 3

EE it started boring. Imperium is like Grand Ages Rome already tried it. Civ City I played before not now. AWS also finished the campaign it was not compatible with windows 8 so left it. StarCraft left it because one update had problems with 840M GPU and they did not resolve it on time. AOEO that's how got into the forums was season pass holder. Warcraft 3. WoW. Played. stopped cause I don't like illidan I still see him as villan to azeroth not as its savior. Rise and Fall Civilization at war I think they don't have win 10 compatible game.

@RainmanCT said:
    get a girlfriend?

Girls , Females are complicated. Somewhat difficult. They ask too many questions which cannot be answered and they waste food in restaurants. Celibacy is quite adaptable.

• AugustusmanAugustusman Member ✭✭✭✭

@Yeshna12 said:

@Augustusman said:
    Very little list
    Add
    Empire Earth 1-3
    Praetorians
    Imperium 1-3
    Civ city Rome
    Ancient Wars Sparta.
    0 A.D Empires Ascendants
    Caesar 2-4
    AoEO
    SC1-2
    Warcraft 3

EE it started boring. Imperium is like Grand Ages Rome already tried it. Civ City I played before not now. AWS also finished the campaign it was not compatible with windows 8 so left it. StarCraft left it because one update had problems with 840M GPU and they did not resolve it on time. AOEO that's how got into the forums was season pass holder. Warcraft 3. WoW. Played. stopped cause I don't like illidan I still see him as villan to azeroth not as its savior. Rise and Fall Civilization at war I think they don't have win 10 compatible game.

Imperium existed before as RTS but only Europe. So never come to America.
    Imperium cívicas becomes a city builder.

• PenelinfiPenelinfi Member, Insider ✭✭✭

Played a game for 4000 hours, one day, I just stopped. I played a couple of hours on a different account too see how things were going. It's not so interesting atm. Having the DE "coming out soon" helped.

You can also uninstall the game, it will make you think next time you feel the urge :)

Drastic measure is to pack away your pc for a while :)

• Pan CalvusPan Calvus Member, Insider ✭✭
    edited November 29

@Penelinfi said:
    I have some games on Steam I haven't even played. That's more annoying ;) Wasted money

At this point I figure I own more games I haven't played (yet) than ones I did. I'm a sucker for bundle sites. "Wow, only 8 bucks for 12 games, of which 2 look like I'll like them? Sold!" With most of these games I haven't entered the codes into Steam yet. I've been switching tactics lately by actively hunting down stuff I will like, helps me to ignore all the stuff I might play a few times if it's lucky.

So yeah, at least I'm not addicted to playing games... My problem seems to be more along the lines of a forum addiction. :( You guys are my new crack, don't "disagree" me or I'll be having a bad trip. ;)

bought new games

Train Fever
    Transport Fever
    Guild
    Guild 2
    Stronghold 1 and 2
    SimCity 4
    Tropico 1,2,3

• WailedCarp48186WailedCarp48186 Member
    edited December 11

I am quite not the right person to help you. And you probably subconsciously might know the cause, identifying it might help. And so choose all freely.

Anyway I think it's not an issue when done in moderation. How about some good family time? I mean life can be fun even without games.

Way too much time gaming I think produces dissatisfaction, I think its good to have some realistic goals and work on it. One might choose even worse, but lets ignore these things like politics, s.e.x., drugs, alcohol, violence, greed and such, I think its better to focus mainly on once self-improvement, own personality traits and such.

And leisure time is what it is, only as long it serve it's purpose. One must not forget what's is even more important for him.

I think it's good to have balanced view on these things. Having faith for sure, can help overcome such situations.

Turning the device off for some time might too help. How about reading some book? Bible would be my preference.