Community Forums

Legacy Games Forum Suggestions

rhrmnrhrmn Member, Insider ✭✭✭✭✭
  1. Enable an easy way for users to share posts like the IPS forums. Currently if I want to share a comment from one thread and paste it in another I have to take a screenshot of the post, upload it to a new comment and paste the URL. Before all l had to do was copy the comment URL and paste it in a comment and the forums would automatically show the quoted text from the other thread.

2. Please fix social network integration. When I click on the Connect button for Facebook I receive the error, "{"error":{"message":"Missing client_id parameter.","type":"OAuthException","code":101,"fbtrace_id":"EeR5GwFV7K0"}}". When I click on the Connect button for Twitter I receive the error, "{"errors":[{"code":215,"message":"Bad Authentication data."}]}"

3. Enable email notifications.

If anyone else has some forum suggestions, feel free to comment.

Comments

• rhrmnrhrmn Member, Insider ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure about other mobile browsers, but on my Lumia 640 with Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update the thread titles and the author name are on the same line which makes it hard to read.

edited June 13

I know this is being really picky but the social media links on the top right of the website are not in the same order as the social media links on the bottom right of the website and they are not the same style.

• PlasticcazPlasticcaz Perth, Western AustraliaMember, Insider ✭✭✭

Another thing I find a bit weird is that we have both a upvote button, and the three "disagree, agree, and lol" buttons. Why?

Why not get rid of the upvote button, and just have the other three buttons?

• HaiCinderellaHaiCinderella Switzerland (Schweiz)Member, Insider ✭✭✭

@rhrmn by the IOS 10 (Safari) same problem

edited June 14

@Plasticcaz said:
    Another thing I find a bit weird is that we have both a upvote button, and the three "disagree, agree, and lol" buttons. Why?

Why not get rid of the upvote button, and just have the other three buttons?

I agree. xD

Either upvotes (likes) or reactions (agree, disagree, LOL), not both. Agree and upvote essentially reflect the same sentiment.

We also need a member list by roles such as Microsoft, mods, sages, etc.

I would like to be able to unsubscribe from threads as well. At the moment I am receiving a ton of notifications from the AoE:DE t-shirt giveaway thread and there is no way to turn off notifications from this specific thread.

When I type a comment and then go to another thread without posting it still shows later in the Leave A Comment box. If I delete the text then refresh the page the text returns. Please change this so the text I enter in the comment box is not remembered or at least make this an option for users.

The forum home does not show any recent topics because those topics are buried in child subforums. Configure the forums so parent forums shown on forum home display the latest recent topic from all child subforums.

edited June 15

For the "Questions & Suggestions about AOE DE" subforum, please enable the "Ask a Question" post option. This will allow users to see the answers to common questions at the top of the thread without needing to skim through all the reply comments.

Please disable user avatars from poll threads or make them much smaller because they are spilling into the comment area.

Source

• smitskesmitske Member, Insider ✭✭✭

Another issue is that of multiple posts appearing for some reason, for example this thread:

https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/46/age-of-empires-definitive-edition-announcement-trailer/p2

Second page is 3 times a post from me, which I send somewhere mid thread now its at the end 3 times.
    Its not the only case I have only seen some other instances of this.

edited June 17

The social media links for the Age of Empires Twitter account and Age of Empires Facebook account have the wrong URLs. They both have the URL for the forum page which is currently displayed. The URLs on the Age of Empires website home page are fine.

• smitskesmitske Member, Insider ✭✭✭

Another issue is the forum saying there is thread/post in a subforum but there not being one (or at least not visible), this is the case for the Age of Mythology forum news and anouncements section.

edited June 22

Instead of the Administrator bubble next to threads with at least one post by a member of the Age team, how about Microsoft or Age Team instead? Also for developer posts, like those from @Cysion, how about a bubble next to threads with a Forgotten Empires or FE Team label?

• CysionCysion Belgium Member, Developer ✭✭✭

@rhrmn said:
    Instead of the Administrator bubble next to threads with at least one post by a member of the Age team, how about Microsoft or Age Team instead? Also for developer posts, like those from @Cysion, how about a bubble next to threads with a Forgotten Empires or FE Team label?

Seems there's a "developer" tag now when a dev answered in a thread :)

edited June 28

@Cysion said:

@rhrmn said:

Seems there's a "developer" tag now when a dev answered in a thread :)

Yes, I saw this yesterday. It is very welcome. We can now more closely stalk your team. ;)

Please add the option for forum members to delete all comment drafts or set the comment drafts so they expire after 24 hours or so. It appears as though drafts never expire because they appear several days later when I go to read more comments on a thread. Deleting draft comments days later is not very user friendly.

• Andy PAndy P Member, Moderator mod

There's also a moderator tag, which makes me feel weird as I usually am posting as a fan.

edited June 28

@Andy P said:
    There's also a moderator tag, which makes me feel weird as I usually am posting as a fan.

Yeah, it could get quite interesting with at least one moderator comment per thread. Maybe the Moderator bubble should only be visible to Administrators?

• KingDarBojaKingDarBoja ColombiaMember, Insider ✭✭✭

Little question: Poll options can't be more that 10? Also why it hasn't been enabled in AOE DE subforum?

edited July 1

Please move the forum search box to the top of the page when viewing the forums on a mobile web browser. Moving the forum search box from the bottom of the page to the top of the page would make search easier to find and more useful.

On a mobile web browser the "Best Of..." option is distorted.

@rhrmn said:
    The forum home does not show any recent topics because those topics are buried in child subforums. Configure the forums so parent forums shown on forum home display the latest recent topic from all child subforums.

@rhrmn said:

@rhrmn said:

Also, is there any particular reason why a subforum is called Age of Mythology and not Age of Mythology: Extended Edition?

"This discussion has been closed" text is hard to read. Please consider changing to a light colored font to contrast with the dark brown background color.

edited July 14

The emoji are showing in search results 4.5X larger than in comment posts. The emoji image appears to be stretched because the large emoji are pixelated.

• snickerdoodlesnickerdoodle Member, Administrator, Insider admin

You know you can link to another post by right clicking on the date and copying the URL from there, right?

@snickerdoodle said:
    You know you can link to another post by right clicking on the date and copying the URL from there, right?

Yes. On the old AoE forums, now Castle Siege forums, all you had to was copy the URL of the post and it would copy the quote as well.

edited August 24

@snickerdoodle You can ignore my feedback on renaming the "Age of Mythology" forum to "Age of Mythology: Extended Edition". Players of both Age of Mythology and Age of Mythology: Extended Edition can feel welcome with the current name. It's trivial.

I hope you are able to resolve the forums bugs and issues reported in this thread. Below are the current open bugs and issues:

1. On a mobile web browser the "Best Of..." option is distorted.
    2. "This discussion has been closed" text is hard to read. Please consider changing to a light colored font to contrast with the dark brown background color.
    3. The emoji are showing in search results 4.5X larger than in comment posts. The emoji image appears to be stretched because the large emoji are pixelated.