Age of Empires Definitive Edition Beta

TGEmmaTGEmma Member, Insider

When does the beta start and when will I hear back, ive registered and done the survey but not heard anything since then

Comments

• rhrmnrhrmn Member, Insider ✭✭✭✭

@TGEmma said:
    When does the beta start and when will I hear back, ive registered and done the survey but not heard anything since then

@jennywaboom said Friday on the Age of Empires Mixer stream that the closed beta will start soon. That's the latest info we have at this time. Regularly check the email address you used to register as an Age of Empires Insider for an invite to the closed beta. The Age of Empires community team will make an announcement on the forums and social media when the first large wave of invites are sent out as well.

• DiveDive3726DiveDive3726 Somewhere in the lower 48Member, Insider ✭✭✭

Ditto that.

• FetandreyFetandrey EverywhereMember, Insider ✭✭✭

@rhrmn said:

@TGEmma said:

@jennywaboom said Friday on the Age of Empires Mixer stream that the closed beta will start soon. That's the latest info we have at this time. Regularly check the email address you used to register as an Age of Empires Insider for an invite to the closed beta. The Age of Empires community team will make an announcement on the forums and social media when the first large wave of invites are sent out as well.

Age of Empires has a channel on Mixer? Thank you for informing me! As for the beta "soon" can mean a wide range of time periods. Let's hope this time it means a week or 2.

• kylobeetlekylobeetle PanamaMember, Insider ✭✭✭

The eager I get, the slower the time passes :(

• igornikolaevichigornikolaevich Member, Insider

I'm really looking forward to starting betatest

• RedmondhawkRedmondhawk Member, Insider

yeeeaaahhhh i cant wait for test the new age of empires.

• BannerPaper66BannerPaper66 Member, Insider

Can't wait for the betaaa

• TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Scranton, PAMember, Insider ✭✭✭
  • Memes B DreamsMemes B Dreams Member, Insider ✭✭✭

Can't wait!

• thech0s0n0n3thech0s0n0n3 Member, Insider

Oh man... I've not gotten the email even though I've signed up (multiple times, in hopes of getting the email/survey).

• SmoshiSmoshi USAMember

I really hope I get an opportunity to test the game. I bought AoK launch day 1999 and still play AoE to this day. Talk about commitment.

• NepgearsyNepgearsy Member, Insider

can't wait!! i loved the first game so much...

• XXtremeTechXXtremeTech Member, Insider

This have been the longest weeks of my life waiting to see if I'm one of the lucky ones picked to test it.
    My RTS craving is killing me T_T

• dodohkdodohk Member, Insider

2 weeks already. still no invitation email.. :s

• hazzardroxhazzardrox ColombiaMember, Insider

patience

• Wicked WulfWicked Wulf Member, Moderator mod

@rhrmn said:

@TGEmma said:

Hey rhrmn.......since the last year on CS.........I have now grown to hate the word SOON lmao.....you know exactly where I am coming from.....because soon to me clearly don't mean the same to most devs lol

• badboy32rjbadboy32rj Member

Can't wait to play this again!

• RavnicoRavnico Member, Insider ✭✭

@Wicked Wulf Of course "soon" is relative, there have been some "info" that the game could be avaliable in august. Not certain as the date of release hasn't been given by the AoE team. So probably that would make people impatient to try the game.

To the rest of the readers, imagine yourself creating a game and keeping in mind that you want to develop it the best you can, but you can't leak excesive info until you have a strong base for the game, it is needed to pick a small quantity of testers that you have seen they can be of trust, and be able to give good feedback. The quantity of people that has apply to the beta is awesome, so as many other betas the only thing you can do is wait until you have a chance to get in. Have this on mind, not everyone will enter the beta. Not everyone that enter the beta will give feedback that can help the team & of course there will be people left out that could be of much help to the team.
    Let's hope we have the chance to get in to help this team the best we can!
    Thank everybody for the wait and have patience (L)

• Raw1812Raw1812 Member, Insider ✭✭✭

It's hard to say...
    Duke Nukem Forever was delayed for 15 years...if something similar happens here we can expect early or mid autumn release in 2032.

• smitskesmitske Member, Insider ✭✭✭
    edited July 13

@rhrmn said:

@Wicked Wulf said:

@rhrmn said:

@TGEmma said:

Hey rhrmn.......since the last year on CS.........I have now grown to hate the word SOON lmao.....you know exactly where I am coming from.....because soon to me clearly don't mean the same to most devs lol

The Age of Empires Online community manager, BatsyBatsy, used soon a lot. When the new executive producer, Trajan, started he drove the community team to be more transparent and eliminate using the word "soon". Now it appears we have come full circle, for better or worse.

Thats why we use Soon™!

• PenelinfiPenelinfi Member, Insider ✭✭✭

How soon? When It's Ready ©®™

• dariakusdariakus Keeper Emeritus Member, Insider ✭✭

Soon™

• rhrmnrhrmn Member, Insider ✭✭✭✭

@dariakus said:
    Soon™

• LegittiLegitti FinlandMember

I'll be waiting.

• hungvqhungvq Member, Insider

waiting...

• CommandeRCommandeR Member, Insider

Still waiting here as well, checking the e-mail every day... Hope it comes soon!! :-)

• ArgonautArgonaut Member, Insider

I am looking forward to it ;)

• SammyyyyyyyyZASammyyyyyyyyZA Member, Insider ✭✭
    edited July 16

Can't wait! :D well I kinda have to wait... but still ;)

• TigerBlueGamerTigerBlueGamer Member, Insider

When registering for the Beta I was asked for my xbox gamer account which i logged into then it asked me to click on the link in my email which I did. Was the site then meant to take me to the questionaire to complete my registration or what as all I got was a message to come to these forums.