Community Forums

Another Giveaway!

jennywaboomjennywaboom Member, Administrator, Insider admin
edited July 18 in Contests and Polls

It's time for another giveaway Age fans!!

Would you like to get your hands on an awesome Age of Empires: Definitive Edition T-shirt like these lovely folks? All you need to do to enter for a chance to win is leave a comment down below letting us know your favorite memory of playing AoE games!

Submissions for this sweepstakes will be closed Monday July 17th 2017 at 10:00am PDT, and we will randomly select 3 winning comments by Tuesday July 18th 2017! We will reach out to the winners via private message here on the forums.

One entry per person.

Good luck everyone!

Edit
And our winners are:
SnakeShifterV
NkoDragas
UncurledTree6

Congrats guys, keep an eye on your PMs:)

Comments

• Elke1988Elke1988 Member, Insider

I have play all aoe games. Is the best RTS games ever!!!

• Imposter42Imposter42 Member

Creating huge battles with the map editor.

• zouch007zouch007 Member

converting enemy units ;) #wololo

• hakojohakojo Member

I first experienced the AoE series when I was about 7. My dad is a major history buff and was really into RTS games at the time, and I used to hover over his shoulder and watch him play while he explained what he was doing, how the different units interacted, and about the history associated with the campaign he was working through (even if the campaign itself wasn't always entirely accurate :P) I started playing by myself a couple years later, but I'll always remember getting to spend that time with my dad.

• MalcolmXIIIMalcolmXIII Member

Age of Empires - Rise of Rome: Syracuse Campaign Expansion

• ShogunNoirShogunNoir Member, Insider

My favourite memory of AOE was, weirdly, not playing it. I mean, I played the Age of Empires 1 and Rise of Rome demos for hours on end before my parents finally allowed me to get the full Gold Edition. And I've played Age of Empires 2 for about a decade now, if not more. But I had never been old enough to experience the release of one.

And then one day, while I was sitting watching television, I remember seeing that grey boat looming out of the fog, and the delicate music starting, it captivated me. It wasn't until I heard that iconic theme tune I knew what was happening, and I exploded with excitement. I did every chore I could to earn enough money to buy Age of Empires 3, and the experience of seeing that trailer, buying the game myself and playing it for the first time will never leave me.

Age of Empires is my childhood.

• pcnerd37pcnerd37 Member

My favorite memory is playing a game of 3 on 1 (me) and I still completely destroyed them because I focused on booming my economy so I could build massive armies.

• ludovicm67ludovicm67 Member, Insider

Playing AOE on LAN and creating a huge army to destroy all enemies!

• Owner1337Owner1337 Member

Best thing was how 10 elephants could fit on a boat but 11 villagers don't.

Best game so far

• Thorek329Thorek329 Member

My earliest memories of playing Age of Empires reach far back into my childhood. The year is 1998, and Age of Empires Gold Edition had just been released. I was 6 at the time, but I distinctly remember gripping the yellowy-golden box with excitement while riding home in the car from the store. After returning home, my older brother and I popped the CD into our old Pentium 166 and watched with awe as a bunch of loinclothed villagers began "building" the game on our screen as it installed. Sure enough, a few minutes later we were exploring our first random map, pulling back the darkness around our small cluster of mammoth bones and reed huts. This experience of wonderful discovery (and that of the subsequent Age games) left such a strong mark on me that I ended up training as an archaeologist, and here I am today nearly 20 years later with my entire life having been shaped by that one event. I don't regret it one bit.

• TensiveCobra9TensiveCobra9 Member, Insider

Taking a leave from med school and hours of multiplayer battle with my room mate & losing a dinner in 3 star hotel... Excellent memory of that day :smile:

• Cid Claw JrCid Claw Jr Member, Insider

Playing in Zone all night, all weekend and all AoE... Loving playing Foot War (RoR) and rushing the enemy (AoC)... Oh, Old nights of AoE, I miss them

• MzcasMzcas Member

i remember the day that in my house we buy the windows 98 and it came whit a free test of age of empires
    thats the first game that i play on a computer and it was grate, my uncle play it all time whit my, i was 8 years old and normaly spend 5 to 6 hours playing that great game.

• rhrmnrhrmn Toledo, OH, USAMember, Insider ✭✭✭

My favorite memory would have to be playing Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings with one of my high school friends over the phone line. Thankfully my parents didn't miss any important phone calls! :D

• achilles9994achilles9994 Member, Insider

playing it with my friends

• Der_RichterrrDer_Richterrr Member, Insider

I guess, beating ResonanceBot on Hardest was one of my proudest achievement in videogames !

• xGurbyxxGurbyx Member, Insider

Playing AoE on LAN with my friends was the best thing ever, we could play for hours, sometimes on the weekends we would stay up until like 5am just playing aoe, great memories :)

• UnwornSuvigyaUnwornSuvigya Member, Insider

Wololo of the priests, stealthy.

• IzakslyIzaksly Member, Insider

My favorite memory is when I first so it played on my uncles computer . It blew my mind seeing him try to kill an elephant haha lol

• SoZLukaSoZLuka Member, Insider

I remember when I first discovered the AoE demo inside one of those CD-ROMs packs that came with a magazine. I was 5 or 6 at the time and it was awesome playing it!

• TCafnTCafn Member

Best memory of it was when on a campaign map, mass produced priests and won the game with them.. It was challenging, though :)

• AithemedAithemed Member

My favorite memory's is the cinematic video. Watch that is te perfect inspiration to build a grand army to destroy your enemies to the last men.

• HectornautaHectornauta Member, Insider

My favorite memory... the first contact with the saga, a demo from Windows 98.
    Several hours resisting the advances from Red and Yellow romans with all hope lost. Until i found the mercenaries in a far away location. My army pushed back the romans into their limits, the yellow player was destroyed and finally my combined forces of elephants, phalanxs and wololos crushed what was left of the red roman army I HAVE BECOME DEATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS.
    That moment was awesome. From then, i have played all RTS from ES, except AOE online.

• roborobo Member

Coming in second place with my team in RTS League Season 39 clan competition.

• PunkamoarPunkamoar Member

I literally grew up playing Age of Empires. I remember watching my older brothers playing it on our old desktops growing up, and wanting so bad to play it with them. Fast forward about 12 years, and they can still handily beat me (I can still remember all the stupid rage-quits I did). It was the first RTS game I ever played, and to this day still one of the best. So yes, my favorite memory from AoE is the family bonding it brought (and subsequent tearing down after I was destroyed).

• OnyxnitramOnyxnitram Member
    edited July 12

My favorite memory is my childhood. I was around 8 years old way back in the 90's and my older brother got a Age of Empires Demo in the mail for the original Age of Empires. I played it for hours and hours and hours on end and couldn't believe how amazing it was. I would get angry when the computer was able to advance further than I could in the demo. I begged my parents for a copy of the full game but nobody seemed to listen to me. Then for my birthday I got a box and opened it and there was the Age of Empires with the Rise of Rome Expansion. I'll never forget how excited I was! In fact, I was literally screaming for joy! To this day I still play Age of Empires and I am now 26. I have grown up with these games and they leave a special place in my heart but the original game is my favorite one.

When I get together with friends we have old computers we have created just to play Age of Empires Rise of Rome with. Some of my best memories are definitely playing with my friends on weekends :)

I love Age of Empires and can't wait for the definitive edition!!

• Stevenx110Stevenx110 ColombiaMember, Insider

Cordial Saludo

La primera vez que jugué Age of Empires tenía alrededor de 9 años, mi primer acercamiento fue a través de la demo de AoE Rise of Rome. Pase buenos momentos jugando y aprendiendo sobre la historia de las guerras entre Roma y Cartago. Entre los años 2003 y 2004 pude disfrutar de AoE 2 The Conquerors y Age of Mythology, estos juegos me llevaron a adentrarme en el mundo de la Historia. Actualmente soy docente de Ciencias Sociales gracias a la inspiración de un juego de estrategia que contaba diferentes acontecimientos históricos por medio de campañas temáticas con un componente ludico importante para la época.

Por ultimo me gustaría añadir que todavía disfruto jugando Age of Empires II The Forgotten en Steam gracias a la remasterización que lanzaron hace unos años.

Espero que mi breve anécdota sea de su interés.

Agradezco su atención y espero poder participar por la camiseta de AoE o disfrutar de la beta anticipada de su nueva remasterización.

• commanderMTWcommanderMTW UKMember

Moving Emperor Barbarossa around in a portable man sized pickle jar. XD

• Gizmovision001Gizmovision001 Member

LAN parties on the weekend with fiends,_ i don't miss lugging the PC around though._

• zioxezioxe Member, Insider

Plating for hours with my cousin. Building enormous cities!

This discussion has been closed.