Don't you think there should be a campaign in AOE 2 for Ottomans? After all it was a great empire.

Player136584074Player136584074 Member
edited July 23 in General Discussion

I think it is a great idea and specialized units & buildings should be added in campaign like topkapi palace, eshki palace etc. Moreover existing Turk Janissaries units should be improved so that they look like traditional Janissaries and there should be option to create different type of Janissaries because at present they only use guns in AOE 2, but originally they used to fight with swords etc.

Don't you think there should be a campaign in AOE 2 for Ottomans? After all it was a great empire. 13 votes

Yes, great idea
38%
KingDarBojaInterventionmythdraconPlayer136584074CesarRequin6850 5 votes
No, I don
61%
sobaothe_choson_oneMedusaAchse5043Charlie1AugustusmanTorgrimmerWhiteWitcher311ShakeTA 8 votes

Comments

• Yes, great idea

Sorry I had to write "No, I don't think its needed" in second option

• TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Scranton, PAMember, Insider ✭✭✭
    No, I don

No bc the ottoman is in a different era. Go play AoE:III, their in here, Historical there are from the 16 century to 20 century, AoE:II covers the fall of Rome, 5 century, to 15 century, discovery of the New World.

• Yes, great idea

ok there is different era in AOE 2 but even in AOE 3 there is no full fledged campaign, there is only one mission and even that is against ottomans

• KingDarBojaKingDarBoja ColombiaMember, Insider ✭✭✭
    Yes, great idea

I would not portrait them as Ottomans but more likely "Sultanate of Rum" that covers from 1077 to 1300 era. Also the fact that Turks appears at AOE2 as civilization make it possible to develop a whole new campaign.

• ShakeTAShakeTA Breda, the Netherlands, EarthMember
    No, I don

I guess a campaign like that would only be interesting for Turkish people, and a few muslims here and there. They only form a small group among the entire base. The majority of players prefer them as enemy as that feels historically more "right"

• KingDarBojaKingDarBoja ColombiaMember, Insider ✭✭✭
    Yes, great idea

@ShakeTA said:
    I guess a campaign like that would only be interesting for Turkish people, and a few muslims here and there. They only form a small group among the entire base. The majority of players prefer them as enemy as that feels historically more "right"

There are plenty lot of campaign about big empires that could be enemies depending on where are you from.

For example, Genghis Khan campaign was about Mongol Empire until the last misión which was about fighting Hungary Empire. If I were from Hungary, I would see them as natural foes, while me (as Colombian) I see them as one of those powerful empires that I would like to research more about their history.

Ottomans were powerful at their time, I can't see them as enemies or allies, just as historical information to enrich player knowledge.

• sobaosobao Member ✭✭
    No, I don

I think that there is already a ottoman faction to play in AOE3 so I dont see the need to make a canpaing in AOE2 abaout a faction that already is in a posterior game.