Hey all!

We've just implemented a new version of our old forum ranks!

The new "Idle Villager" rank has some slightly limited abilities here in the forums, and they cannot post discussions or do things like post links or set a signature on their posts. When you have commented 3 times you'll reach the rank of "Scout Cavalry" and gain all the usual posting abilities! This is to help combat spam, and should not affect most of you, as you have likely already posted more than 5 times and have a higher rank:)

Check out the list of ranks here: https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/15139/forum-rank-system/p1?new=1

AoE:DE Community Wishlist

13»

Comments

• rhrmnrhrmn USA Member, Moderator, Insider mod

@PhatFish AoEH said:
    Appreciate what you're trying to do here @rhrmn, but the devs aren't even reading these forums anymore (which is a joke), so I do not expect they will look at the feedback hub.

A lot of these suggestions have been made months ago.

AoE DE needs some love!

I did this for @AngryCAT9411 as stated in the original post.

It is sad that most of the FE team appears to have moved on to AoE II: DE. I am optimistic that minor features will be added to AoE: DE over time. In reality, AoE: DE development could cease at any point.

As long as content updates keep coming we have hope that development will continue. This thread serves as a reminder of what we would like to see in the game.

AoE: DE needs love indeed.

• Sand_McNiceSand_McNice Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

Bring back the Thursday streams please !!

• GeffalrusGeffalrus Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

1) Make the game no longer exclusive to Windows 10

2) Allow game to be sold on Steam

• AugustusmanAugustusman Member, Insider ✭Knight✭

@Geffalrus said:

1-remade whole game
    2-steam disagreement because MS condition.

• GeffalrusGeffalrus Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

@Augustusman said:

@Geffalrus said:

1-remade whole game

Ok. Fewer people will buy the game. Have fun with that.

@Geffalrus said:

@Augustusman said:

@Geffalrus said:

1-remade whole game

Ok. Fewer people will buy the game. Have fun with that.

I don't buy the game. Because bad performance. So steam doesn't solve that issues. ;)

• ZheBoyzForumZheBoyzForum Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭

Wish list?

• Replay function
    • lobby chat or something aside of the xbox browser stuff
  • PCS70PCS70 NLMember, Insider ✭Musketeer✭

@ZheBoyzForum Replay function is very different from the current recording function, which actually requires a lot of free space and has negative influence on game performance. A very good point.

@ZheBoyzForum said:
    Wish list?

• Replay function
    • lobby chat or something aside of the xbox browser stuff

You are asking to much.

• PenelinfiPenelinfi Member, Insider ✭Crossbowman✭

A lobby chat shouldn't be too hard :)

• BoUBoU FranceMember, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

This game is a scam everyone in devs are miles away from our requests and left us with an unfinished game

• JangoSpainJangoSpain Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

i would like to see market with carts like in age of empires 2

• LegoVogelLegoVogel Frisia - (Netherlands)Member, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

Playing AoE DE for quite some time now.
    Time to visit this forum again.
    Firstly I love how it has made. Looks great, and the 'extra features' like rally point, better selection for buildings, fast queuing, multiple building que, automatic villager working mechanic when building a drop off site,. unit balancing. I am mostly fond of the fact they chose for ONLY the right-click farm rebuild, to keep the game balanced for finding other types of food like fishing and hunting.

But, if there is something that bothered me, that is the weak AI.
    Letting villagers constantly across the same path, miles away from the AI's camp, for some gold or wood, while at their base there is plenty of resources. I found the AI a lot weaker in handling villager path-finding, whereas the path-finding of human player units has been drastically improved. I find that very puzzling.

@BoU said:
    This game is a scam everyone in devs are miles away from our requests and left us with an unfinished game

Is a dev team not Aladdin's lamp.

@JangoSpain said:

Nope, is a remaster. Not a remake.

• Marra333Marra333 Member, Insider ✭Ox Cart✭

That someone of the Team of devoloper answer

• KraeheBrot6655KraeheBrot6655 Member ✭Scout Cavalry✭
    edited May 20

Too bad if the devs moved on. I would have some requests for bug fixes in the editor. Oh well, I'll just list them anyway. o:)

FIXES (urgent):

1. Fix the severely bugged text tool for instructions, hints, victory and other messages. Problems start when you want to correct something in your text, e.g. fix a typo, add or remove a sentence:
    • You click your mouse cursor where you want it.
    • It seems to work and innocently blinks where you put it.
    • Then you start writing and - BAM - the cursor jumps to the beginning and you suddenly find yourself typing from there.
      At the moment, it is only possible to edit your text if you delete forward from your placed cursor; then for some reason the text tool allows you to type from there. It is an awkward workaround though.
    1. Allow us to edit and place our own introduction maps. Give us a blank map template to edit (or if it is already there, please tell us where it is).

2. In-game, victory conditions should be listed in the same order as designers put them. VC1 should appear 1st, VC2 should appear 2nd etc. :wink: They sometimes appear in a random order that doesn't make sense, e.g. "build a wonder" comes before "advance to the Iron Age" or "bring enemy Hero Jason to your town" comes before "convert enemy hero Jason"

3. Many GAIA heroes can be placed on the map, but they disappear when you test the game, and are also gone when you end the test game. This affects all the original Age of Empires heroes: Alexander, Amon Ra, Corlis, Hector, Hersifon, Jason, Mor Havoc, Perseus, Tiberius, Xerxes, and also the new nameless "Hero" unit. Please fix them.

4. Flares don't work.

WISHES (very nice to have):

• add basic documentation for the game, including the editor. Lots of the old original manuals could just be re-used with copy&paste in a new manual. Fantastic editor functions such as Ctrl+S and Ctrl+G should not be a secret for a selected few insiders.
    • while in editor mode, please allow us to place land units/buildings/items (e.g. trees, grass clumps etc.) on water.
    • add some documentation for AI and PER files, and put editable copies of these files in a separate safe folder, where designers can view and edit them. I understand you don't want us to mess with the in-game files and e.g. mess up the Defensive.per by typing nonsense into it.

In spite of my criticism, I must say I **really **like the editor! :) <3 Especially that Ctrl+S and Ctrl+G function is powerful and inspiring (it allows us to place units off the grid, and into each other, e.g overlapping units/buildings/trees). I wonder if this feature already existed with the old game and I never knew about it, or if it is a new addition. Either way, it is a great feature.

• AKC_HellStrikerAKC_HellStriker Member, Insider ✭Musketeer✭

@Augustusman said:

@JangoSpain said:

Nope, is a remaster. Not a remake.

Seriously though, when this game came out, I was hoping for a lot of support. They are basically reviving the AoE game genre, but by showing this lack of support you don't really create a lot of thrust with your audience :(. Especially with AoE 2 & 3 DE and AoE IV coming out. The egyptians don't even have a tool age house graphic it seems, now that is what I call incomplete.

Honestly, this game could have been a seriously good game if they made sure that the game was more polished. Even if it would have taken 2 more months. Thrust is not something that comes easily with a lot of gamers, but it is vital, especially if you have several similar games coming out.

AoE 2 HD got like 2 more expansions. I was seriously hoping that AoE:DE would at least get 1 expansion, with things like gates, trade carts, extra civs, units etc.

Anyway, I also wanted to mention that they did not include any way to change the resolution ingame. Or an option to tune down the graphics more. The game runs a lot smoother for me when I launch in 720p instead of 1080p. I don't have the best gaming GPU, but still, the options to tune the graphics are extremely limited to say the least.

AoE 2 HD got like 2 more expansions. I was seriously hoping that AoE:DE would at least get 1 expansion, with things like gates, trade carts, extra civs, units etc.

Anyway, I also wanted to mention that they did not include any way to change the resolution ingame. Or an option to tune down the graphics more. The game runs a lot smoother for me when I launch in 720p instead of 1080p. I don't have the best gaming GPU, but still, the options to tune the graphics are extremely limited to say the least.
    I believed the same but money is money, the fanbase and fanboys must be stop buying support these kind of developer.

• HiroyukizangHiroyukizang Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

I've found out many player bought AOE DE for their first or two or third time buying MS store GAME.(friend list)

There's a support forum here but they only do ingame supports, lacks of pregame supports.

All XBOX gamer should check network system and if one use router check everything it connects XBOX server correctly. I 've found out old model doesn't support IPV6 have problem in this. And this game need to enable/disable services for multiplayer. But there's no introduce in AOE DE about it.

Also this game doesn't have a benchmark, and lots of people think they have enough req system. I've surprised this game req (pure) 4GB ram to minimum. Not saying that, "REQ 8GB system to run" is correct, also recommedation RAM 16GB is also comedy. You FE should refer 4K res recommend 16GB system RAM. In multiplayer game ppl still suffer lower spec PC/network problemed gamer spoils a match, even VN progamers.
    (sufficient in Voobly not DE)

Why ppl want to service this game in steam? more player, more high spec-ed bandwidth/PC users they hold on, easy configuration to play game.
    Wish AOE DE time solve this problem but... If dev team goes AOE II : DE, must consider user friendly and frank spec notify. It looks VN pros giveup playing DE. More succeeded AOE II, more people desire not to released like AOE DE.
    In my country game community ppls saying like this "How'dy AOE DE?" "I've bought, a moron game. Do not buy wait DE II."

must be talked in this forum avoiding this in DE II.

• ErethziumErethzium Member, Insider ✭Scout Cavalry✭

Fixing pathfinding needs to be #1 priority. My biggest source of frustration is units getting stuck against each other and not being able to move in general.

13»