10 Reasons AoE2:DE is so bad

Literally every update also brings new issues, which obviously is not listed in the changelog. It’s easy to claim there are performance improvements but if you take an actual look on the changes they fixed a few niche bugs but the important ones are still there and unlikely to be fixed. If you check “known bugs” the primary 5 min disconnect issue is labeled as “Needs more information” when there’s literally none to give. This is because they just kept on adding more stuff before validating the existing stuff.

Im comparing to AoC, the true age of empires 2. The one that was rising in popularity from userpatch/voobly devs until M$ came in to ruin the party. HD version was a joke.

Except it was a data mod and you could still play the original game if you wanted, as they were well aware not everyone wanted to play this mod. And honestly I would be willing to accept the new content if the game was stable, old features worked & they didnt charge us three times for it.

I agree there is no such thing as full true balance, and meta will always be a thing, but my point here is that it’s much harder now to have a deep understanding about a civ and how it matches against other civs because there are so many now.

If you include other map pools and team games, many AoC civs could be really good. For example, celts/turks/korean in BF, mongols in general, etc. Now there are so many civs that it’s really hard to keep track which one excels where or how their matchups look like.

That’s a 500 IQ response right there. The official performance threads are less active because the game is less active and because people give up at some point.

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/disconnect-after-few-minutes-playing-multiplayer-problem-persists-after-update/61127/515

5 month topic with 500 replies. There isn’t much to describe about the issue in the first place. I don’t see why people would be motivated to keep posting the same stuff that’s been posted 500 times there.

Yes I did fill bug reports. And I also found 3-4 month old topics for some problems I had, unaddressed and unacknowledged (re: bugged recs isnt listed in known issues). So crying there is not enough.

Sir, again, I did. And that even earned me the user of the month badge due to all support it had despite how salty I sound in these forums. Completely ignored by the devs (by the way that was just 1 topic out of 10 or more regarding this issue).
https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/profanity-filter-optional/72576

10 Likes