14 minutes gameplay of Definitive Edition

Are you switching to other tabs? Or is your problem that it appears when you try and start the game and there is no exit button?

Also make sure you don’t post screenshots of the actual (beta version) game in this forum as it is a public forum. You should post in the dedicated closed beta forums.

So how come the press can publish information/photos/video on the game but not those who are testing it?

Strange policy if you ask me.

I think they don’t mind if it is from the GamesCon version, and they have given people permission that they are allowed to post things from GamesCon.

They don’t want everyone else from beta versions to be posting things that might not be final or have bugs etc. It may also ruin some news they might be wanting to save up I guess. We like any info, but the masses might see bugs or non-finalised product and complain/judge the product even though it is not finished. The other thing is that people would stream playthroughs of campaign missions etc before the game came out, which is not so great if you wanted to play the game yourself (and not good for sales if people can just watch it before first release)

@Pyefam said:
So how come the press can publish information/photos/video on the game but not those who are testing it?

it was available at gamescom so it’s public info.

@kinzo said:

@Pyefam said:

it was available at gamescom so it’s public info.

No different information.

Over hyped nonsense.

@Penelinfi said:
Are you switching to other tabs? Or is your problem that it appears when you try and start the game and there is no exit button?

Also make sure you don’t post screenshots of the actual (beta version) game in this forum as it is a public forum. You should post in the dedicated closed beta forums.

I start the game and when it finishes loading I get some icons on the right and that error comes out … in which forum should I publish images with errors? Thank you

B) B) B)

@redgod said:

@Penelinfi said:

I start the game and when it finishes loading I get some icons on the right and that error comes out … in which forum should I publish images with errors? Thank you

Check this Link for any further information about what to do when you become a beta tester.

I noticed that heavy horse archers have only 1 pierce armor, while they had 2 in the original. Other than that, I can’t see any balance changes apart from the ones already present in the UPatch.

@Penelinfi didn’t you see blue’s units were throwing rocks at the wonder? That’s the way world wonders were brought down during those epic times :smiley:

@jennywaboom can you please check your e-mail or pm.

HHA has only 1 pierce armour in the UPatch.

Obviously there is still much work to be done, but it looks very promising; however the proportions still look a bit off like in the original ( on purpose maybe? ). Pleasantly surprised by the new rendition of the RoR opening song.

The main screen reminds me of the AoE online!

The oversize buildings and units will remain the same I think. Doesn’t need to be realistic proportions imo. It’s not like the map is a realistic size compared to everything ;p

The art of main menu…
Seriously, I think the dev team need to hire a real professional illustrator. :expressionless:

Taking into account that you are in the BETA stage, with some bugs, the game is beautiful! The animations are so well polished! The only thing that caught my attention was the small blood variation in the death of the units, all units have the same blood design when killed putting a certain silly pattern in the battles.

There is an AOE II mod in the steam workshop with blood variations, they could take that into account! But it may be because of the stage that the game is yet.

Anyway the game is very beautiful, and I’m sure that the mechanics of the game will be much more polished on launch day !! I WANT IT SOON!!

I like to see the gameplay, but whoever played that had no idea how to show off the game. We couldn’t see the queues properly, the build menu, the pathfinding. But he made sure he didn’t lose with cheating ressources.

@Pyefam said:

Because press is press? Makes perfect sense.

@RWNorthPole said:

@Pyefam said:

Because press is press? Makes perfect sense.

And the photos the press publish are the photos MS wants the press to publish. Beta stuff can be buggy, etc. And the Beta NDA is written very broadly to include anything imaginable, including lots of stuff that extends beyond photos.