1500+ hours playing Malians, But... (Tweaks)

I think this hurts their champskarls too much. You want that hp over the dps. So instead they become a more cavalry orientated civ? When we have tons and tons of those.

I don’t understand what you are trying to achieve?

Make malians more generic? Why? Go play another civ if you’re tired of them

not a chance. Don’t just say random stuff and assume people to support you. Why aren’t Burmese and Aztecs the best infantry if damage is more important? Especially more important than 17% more hp.

Imo malians should get farms affected by wood discount and MAYBE get halbs back, . MAYBE buff gbeto damage by +1.

1 Like

I wasn’t trying to buff the malians. I just think 2Hers would be more fun.

And also, Malian Champions lose to Generic 2Hers so you saying they would be weaker is untrue.

What i’m proposing is that they be slightly better vs Infantry and Cavalry.

The best Infantry is Goths because they have the best possible bonus which is cheaper units on top of fast producing. A strawman argument to attack a point you made up. I’m not trying to buff them. I’m trying to make them even more fun than they already are.

What about a civ that sacrifices being fully upgraded in exchange for easy transitions and a diverse army is generic? There are currently no civs that do it like the Malians do. (Only 2 fully upgraded units total.)

Malian Champions and generic 2HS both need 6 hits to kill each other. Whoever gets the first hit will win.

So really they aren’t getting nerfed by losing the upgrade in exchange for blast furnace.

Not having to pay for the Champion upgrade for what is essentially a functional equivalent is a ‘buff’ in my eyes.