2TC Is not viable and this game favors fast age3 hard

I guess it would be nice to see some resource collection curves on FC->2TC versus 2TC->Castle. I’m not sure how you’d feel “miles ahead” - you should have fewer villagers.

The issue I suspect is more than MAA+Springalds>>>>>>trash units. So you can fast castle, turn up at their base with a relatively small force and proceed to go to town on their villagers and hem them in. Having extra villagers doesn’t help much if you are reduced to say picking berries while your opponent takes all the hunts, and your gold mine is regularly under pressure etc.

Mmh talking about french KTS but not about springalds… looks like PTSD. Actually I think you can 2TC in some map and matchup, maybe on high elo it’s only viable 20/25% of the time but I don’t think it’s a problem to solve right now, many civs and units are kinda buggy/broken and a patch is coming next week so as people said the meta is subject to change.

Btw yeah you watch a lot of streamers but Grubby and ML don’t have the same level so it’ll be kinda biased, let’s focus on the top 50 and see what people use because the most efficient/easiest to play is the content to balance at first.

I think it’s a balance issue because they need to think not only for the 1v1 scenario. You can’t balance everything for 1v1 and expect it to do great in 2v2 or 4v4. Same goes for the civs. Chinese are supposedly the weakest, but check them out in 4v4, they are the best.

2tc is good for certain civs and on certain maps. If you are rushing 2nd tc on dry Arabia in a 1v1, not sure why you are surprised it doesn’t work.

Generally closed maps and larger team games it is pretty common especially for Abbasids and china

1 Like