3 things that give me the feeling that the game is still incomplete

seeing the comments the hotkey is not intuitive and may have problem on controling how much you want to trade a resource in the market

1 Like

oh boyā€¦

Here Beasty recommending Delhi (sometimes), to buy food at the market:

Here Viper buying food at the market:

You obviously dont know what u are talking about.

If the resource trade has a loss of 10% or 90% it simply doesnā€™t matter if your converted gain is greater than that loss. It is absolutely unbelievable that you would choose not to lose 1000 gold if it gives you enough stone for you to build a castle in a tactical position that makes you win the game.

Your advice reminds me of this video:

2 Likes

And the replay stats and end of game stats are about the same quality as a 20 year old game. How hard is it to include some of the basics? You literally have a recipe of how to do it, just look at starcraft 2.

1 Like

I agree you should trade when you need the resources. The ones you dont need wont do you any good while floating. But in the video you linked, viper is trolling/experimenting. Food should preferably be gathered as itā€™s the quickest resource. But as far as I remembered, viper focused on traders this game so he had too much gold

1 Like

Food is the quickest while on farms? I thought food from farms is like the slowest resource to gain since there are a bunch of different ways to get it.

Generally speaking, farm is just faster than berries.
But itā€™s the most stable and secure resource (you donā€™t need to pay attention and itā€™s usually on the side of your city center).
Gather Rates & Economy tab:
AOE4 Quick Sheet - Planilhas Google

1 Like

Oh interesting. I play Delhi so Iā€™m used to berries being the best.

1 Like

Delhi have a boost on berries, so they are very good. Better than farming for sure

1 Like

Wait before someone tells you these are genius designs with a lot of thoughts put into them. Youā€™ll hurt yourself if you can do those things and you donā€™t know. You should gitgud then you donā€™t need these functions. Etc.

2 Likes

Are you serious? This is one of the most complete games in the ether. Itā€™s been around for over twenty years (?) And it was the best of itā€™s kind when it launched. Youā€™re talking about qaulity of life issues that may never be resolved to your likingā€¦ but you can ask your friends to upgrade their computers.

:woozy_face:
Dudeā€¦ I think you made some confusionā€¦ we are talking about AoE IV.

Someone clearly didnā€™t do the reading before typing, but yes aoe2 has basically 0 big complaints, aoe3 has few that are almost entirely subjective, and 4 for now still has plenty to adress