4v4 Ranked, Progressive Lag Until finally a crash for everyone

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 100.12.14825.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

I know I am asking for it playing a Ranked 4v4 game, but we had a really good match, that had just passed over 2 hours. Towards the end the lag was getting worse, though it was not awful. As time went on more players started to experience the issue where certain units would not attack or build buildings. I was playing as the Ottomans, my Jan’s would not build buildings, Hussars would not attack, Grenadiers would not attack, etc. Other units worked fine. (weird enough there was a British player on my team whos Grenadiers were working just fine).

I have previously reported about the units not attacking on this thread: Hand Calvary does not attack, Just stands idle - #2 by mal7887

The issues above continued until finally and suddenly, the game crashed for all players. There was no error, the game completely terminated for all users without a trace. This has now happened several times. Very frustrating for all players involved.

Since this was ranked… checked stats after, It appears it did not count as a loss, It counted in Win Streak, but ELO did not change. (not 100% sure about this)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

*** 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)**

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a Multiplayer Game
  2. Grind away
  3. Game will eventually experience the bug were certain units do not work and may also eventually crash.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Be able to play the game without crashing.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Below are record files for all 4 players on my team.

Mal7887_Record Game.age3Yrec (11.3 MB)

KubRick_Record Game.age3Yrec (11.2 MB)

CoolCJ1_Record Game.age3Yrec (11.3 MB)

Hakorie_Record Game.age3Yrec (11.3 MB)

1 Like

Was the British player, and can say it did crash when both sides where at a important point of the match and my units did not have any bugs like the person who posted this.

This issue is being tracked by our team, thanks a lot for the report

2 Likes

Me and some friends Also have been experiencing this on 4vs4, and sometimes on 3vs3 (both ranked)

The internet speed is good, we still maintain discord but it starts lagging and then one or more players drop (not the host btw).

(the players are all in the same region server - western europe)