5 civil + some unit need appear in AOE1

Spartans always considered themselves Greeks, they even consider themselves the representative and defenders of the Greek world. The confronted the Athenians for that very reason, but they didn’t think to be superior.

They wanted the egemony of the Greek world, because they considered themselves a part of it. For comparison, when Philip II of macedon conquered the Greek peninsula instead, he considered himself a foreign ruler that conquered the Greek city states.

I know, it’s a pity…

The antiquity is my personal favorite historic setting. I get that there is more knowledge, and material to work with in the middle ages, but the broze age, the iron age, has that sense of mystery, of dawn of time that is irreplaceable. And we can’t deny the coolness of bringing Rome to conquer most of the know world at time.

I feel too that the main problems of aoe1 is its engine, it needs to be more similar to the aoe2 one. But new civs won’t hurt either, and never say never, in the end we didn’t expected LotW neither…

Hah, This never Sparta just call like you said, and 0AD and ancient of Sparta is good game but the way to play worst than aoe1. All thing good with out way to play game for both of this game. At this Sparta was true theyself and history of best empires like roma, or macee. Roma total war too haha.

Sparta was a Greek polis, so Greek.

Prove me wrong instead of repeating the same thing over and over again.

Sparta influence in red

download
Macedonian Empire

images
Roman Empire

Now, I’m all in favor of adding even regional notable states and powers, but not in aoe1, were there are such big gaps of civs, and we have the gauls represented by Phoenicians and Egyptians.

Hi I see but start o roma and macce I need you knows not after they become the huge empires. Just like Sparta but get politics betters. :slight_smile: Spartan loser it not mean they are Greek. I before get play 0AD and ancients war of Sparta but the way worse than aoe so I give this suggestion. I see the total war rome too for the best civil I famous

If we add Sparta, than we add every single Greek city State. It is like saying New York City isn’t apart of the United States, or London apart of the UK, or Berlin of Germany, goes on and on and on

6 Likes

So sad when you say it. But ok I can look the way 0AD do it :slight_smile: for honors of the time

And like me said. Worthy for the king of Laconia if get better politics. And economy. Same minos, roma, or macce just start by a polis city. Really sad just cause this game original 1995. My time I born. Sorry for reply late because Im in military camp for my mission life for 2 year -- no mobile in my country