8GM RAM not enough to play medium?

My PC seem to be RAM bound with 8GB. My GTX 1050 sits at 17% chilling out, but i cant get more than 30-40 fps on low to medium. Higher makes it unplayable (<30fps)

Anyone has the same issue?

Edit:
Task manager apparently shows wrong numbers. Xbox game bar or sth like that shows me 100% GPU.
Still the framerate drops crazy when panning the camera. The game is not even as beautiful to understand these high requirements. Maybe it’s really a question of optimization.

How is your CPU load?
Digital Foundry did a video indicating the game only really uses one thread/core. If your CPU is older it may be struggling.

The CPU sits at around 30%.

Yo tengo una GTX 960 de 2GB pero 16 GB de RAM y lo puedo jugar en medio, eso sí, se ve horrible debido a los “gráficos” que tiene el juego.

Creo que tu problema esta en la RAM. Ten en cuenta que Windows 10 ya consume 2GB y pico, hoy en día con 8 GB es complicado jugar a la mayoría de juegos modernos.

What generation CPU you running, also have you updated the graphics driver from 2 days ago?

Could be a driver problem?

I would email aoeinsidersupport@microsoft.com with your dxdiag and ask them.
Gotta consider game is very new and maybe not fully optimized yet.
Aoe3 had similar problems where it caused a lot of strain on people’s pcs early on, now it runs quite smoothly!

you will get low fps while panning… its an issue almost all are facing

3 Likes

Is it the graphics card he is using? I have a gen 7 pc with 8gb ram and it’s running fine for me and it looks great, 1650 GTX video card… 4K res just medium settings…

And we all know what a disappointment that card was and is tbh, I would have saved but they promised me 4K reliability lying B********.

I kind have the same issue!
I have a gtx 1660 with 4gb VRAM and 8 gb RAM and when I put medium graphics, it gave me a warning that my game could crash or have black screen.
For nowz I have been ignoring that warning and nothing happened yet but still im confused

2 Likes

Yeah you should be fine. 4K res and just medium graphics settings. Mine is working fine and just make sure your graphics driver is up to date :slight_smile:

I am getting warnings with a GTX 1070 when I turn up certain settings above High. I have not noticed any performance issues. Id ignore the warnings until you actually notice a difference.

Well that’s definitely odd, and super unfortunate.

GPU marketing is always hyperbole. Its a really frustrating shame.

1 Like

Not wrong. If you do ever upgrade save for the 2080 or the 3080 series :+1: the card does the job but not as good as you’d like.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I was originally waiting to get double the performance for the same price. But its gonna be a while. I paid $380 for the 1070. 3070 is $1000+ for about 50% performance increase :astonished:.

1 Like

I get stellar performance in 4k with my 2060 non-super… EXCEPT when panning. Then the FPS tank.

Good to know I’m not the only one. I’m playing in 1080p for now just because of that.

1 Like

Yeah we had a shortage of 2000 and 3000 series cards in australia for ages… I couldn’t get anything bar the 1650… But it was like, this card will do 4K! It’s awesome, etc etc… All the stats were nice it has a decent amount of Vram but yeah I would definitely want ( instead of this ) a 2000 or 3000 series card, they’re so much better performance wise.

After the card released I watched so many videos of people testing the 1650 and they just don’t really hold up in anything other than 1080p, I mean sure you can use 4K resolution but then you have mid to low settings on everything else, unless you play fortnite lol :stuck_out_tongue:
Which I do sometimes but I have 2 kids so yeah, they both have 1050ti-s- $360 AUD each .

La 1650 es bastante mejor que la 1050 y también tiene mas ram

2 Likes

The 1650 is much better than the 1050 and also has more ram - his writing. Haveliko

Yeah it’s a better card I was just saying if he ever upgrades to get a 2000 or 3000 series instead of the 1650 as it’s not really a good upgrade :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man the prices are brutal right now. My kids are not old enough to play PC games really, I did not even think about having to eventually upgrade three different PCs lol!

When I got the 1070 I got it with future proof 1080p gaming in mind. So far it has worked pretty well with most games that I throw as it. I’ve pretty much decided to stay at 1080p 60fps for a long time lol. Once you decide to up your resolution/fps it gets so much more expensive to maintain that level of quality. 1080p looks pretty nice to me, so I plan to stay there.

1 Like