A bug with Object State on Editor

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 54684
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

On Editor, the “Object State” of, for example, the “Remove Object” effect has a bug: the Object State constantly automatically changes into “Foundation” instead of “Alive” that I intended. Not always happens, but once it does, it’s quite annoying in making a scenario. I think it’s a recent bug.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open the Editor.
  2. Make a trigger effect with “Remove Object” and drag the area you want to erase.
  3. Make another one, and return to the former one. The “Object State” sometimes becomes “Foundation”.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The “Object State” shouldn’t change like that, and thus, I could be able to remove what I want to erase. But if the bug occurs, I can’t make it as I intended as it refers to “Foundation” as the state of the object.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

We have a very similar issue reported, which should cover this case as well. Let us know if this problem persist after next update. Thank you for the report.

1 Like