A concept for a Prussian civ

These units are already in game.

Schuetzen it could be Jagers.
Totenkopf Hussar would be the Royal Guard upgrade for standard Hussar Unit.

According to it, it is better and easier to create Austrians civ and give them War Wagoon, and instead give the present Germans (who would be renamed Prussians) Jagers as UU.

The Austrian civ could have Hajduk (Serbian guerrilla with an ax. He would be an archer or have a flintlock pistol) and a Panduri (Croatian skirmisher. Armed with yatagan) and War Wagon as Unique Units. Hungarian HuszĂĄr (Hussar) and Grenzer (Musketeer) would be the Royal Guard.

No, on the contrary, the current Germans are much more Austria than Prussia.
If another German was to be added, it should be Prussia, not Austria.

All already in the game, as revolt units for Hungary and Romania.

1 Like

That would mean more destroying and reworking. It’s easier to make a new Austrians civ. You would not have to make radical changes then.

On the contrary, you would need a lot more fiddling to make a seperate Austrians civ, speciallyt because you would have to redo 2 Revolt civs entirely.
To make the current Germans into Austrians, you just need to rename the Needle Gunner and give them a new AI leader.

1 Like

These are not units. These are just changed names for Hussar, Renegado and Jaeger. A hopeless argument.

It would not be necessary to rework revolutionary civs at all, it would just be enough to change the units names eg.
for Hungary - “Pandour” (Jaeger) to VadĂĄsz, “Hajduk” (Renegado) to HonvĂ©d
for Romania - “Pandour” (Jaeger) to Dorobant, “Hajduk” (Renegado) to Miliție

Austrians’ new civ is creating a completely new civ. The new Prussian civ and the change from Germans to Austrians is stupidity and an unnecessary problem. This would have meant the complete destruction of the present civ Germans.

Is it so hard for you to understand?

No. You would have to change the ruler, change the Home City, remove the Ulan, change a few Home City Cards, change the descriptions and more problems. And then we wouldn’t get the Austrians, but the HRE 

Long time ago I presented my proposal of the Austrians civ.

Austria

Home City

Capital - Vienna
Personality - Maria Theresa von Habsburg

Units

Barracks

Pikeman
Pandurs (Croatian skirmisher. Armed with yatagan) (Age 2)
Hajduk (Serbian guerrilla with an ax. He would be an archer or have a flintlock pistol) (Age 2)
Musketeer (Royal Guard) (Age 3)

Stable

Uhlan (Home City Cards)
War Wagon (replace from Germans)
Hussar (Royal Guard)
Dragoon

Artillery Foundry

Grenadier
Culverin
Falconet
Petard
Mortar
Horse Artillery

Unique Features

They age up by dynastic marriages. For example:
Age II:

• Spanish Princess: Ships 200 Coin + War Dog (Explorer can be trained)
  • French Princess: Ships 3 Coureur des Bois + The Explorer can use Hot Air Baloon
  • Dutch Princess: Bank Wagon + 2 semi-fattened Cows

They have a Unique Unit of scout - Goral (with Shepherd’s axe). Can Build Livestock Pen.

Hajduk and Hussar have upgrade (Royal Guard):

Musketeer - Grenz
Hussar - Hungarian HuszĂĄr

At Austrians, civ:

Gorals - Slovak language
Fishing Boat - Slovenian language
Hajduk - Serbian language
Pandurs - Croatian language
War Wagon - Czech language
Hussar - Hungarian language
Uhlan - Polish language
Remaining units speak in German language

Something like that yeah, but a little more thought-out and in it’s own topic I’d reckon. Don’t hijack other’s topics.

What’s wrong with that?

cavalry selection is bad because it has 2 redundant units, you’d ALWAYS choose 1 over the other when they essentially fulfill the same role.

what are their gameplay implications? so for some reason they dont have musk age 2 but they get skirmishers age 2? what are the downside to the skirmishers and what are their upsides? what is the role of the hajduk?

i cant tell what these units are meant to do. i also strongly disagree with age 3 musk and with them being a guard unit.

1 Like

i like this more:

interesting unit, i do wonder what “armor piercing” would do to the unit tho, potential for breaking the game but not super high i guess. any idea as to the stats? esp range, we looking at something like 14-16 range?

i overall like this unit tho, it is something unique.

the 0.5 seconds “wraith time” sounds super broken, this could easily mean it soak up 10 more shoots in a fight than it should have, the idea of high HP is good but the extra life just send it a bit over the edge i think.

is it possible that the guard unit instead could be the schuetzen as a needlegunner? i think it makes more sense personally.

Heavy ranged infantry. Uses yatagan in hand-to-hand combat.

Special ability: Balkan Cauldron - for the next 14 seconds, the Rate of Fire Pandur is 1.3, but they are blocked in melee mode and have less HP in melee mode. 90 seconds of cooldown; common to all Panduras.

A Unique Unit for Austrians, replacing the standard Crossbowman.This unit would fire a bow in ranged combat and would use an ax in melee combat. A special Home City Card would turn your bow into a flintlock pistol.

that is a way too strong ability and doesn’t make sense considering you just made a point of them having a sword.

factions with age 2 skirmishers dont get crossbows, why? because crossbows are meant to be replaced by skirmishers, it doesn’t make sense having the 2 both available in age 2 cause the end result is that 1 of them are going to be the obvious choice over the other.

1 Like

16 would be right in between Musketeers and skirmishers, that would be a good starting point.

The time can easily be reduced if proven too long. The term for the effect is wraith time? That sounds oddly fitting for the Totenkopf funnily enough.

The Potsdam giants are really iconic Prussian soldiers though. They even attempted to breed more by only matching them with tall women to get more giants XD
The Needlegun on the other hand I consider way to modern being introduced in 1841. I’d prefer to avoid mentioning it at all if I can help it. It was more of a line infantry weapon anyway.

not really, but there is a mechanic in dota similar to this so i took that name.

fair enough.

1 Like