A couple of desync'ed game in blackforest

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: latest build
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store (both)
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11 / Windows 10 and 8

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

game desync randomly, either 1 person, or everyone desyncs and seems to happen much more often on blackforest (similar to the issue facing over half a year ago, but was somewhat resolved and came back).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. play the mod game
  2. choose blackforest
  3. random desyncs

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

not desync, this has happened quite often previously on blackforest as it would desync 80% of the game several months ago. after few patch update it seems to have gone away mostly but after most recent page its desync’ing a lot again.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

attached some mdmp, save game and log file, not sure whats needed

edit2: Upload files for free - desyncs2.rar - ufile.io

another desync on every player, sometimes desync doesnt generate mdmp files. pls take a look

Hi @thieftdp8498 !

Does this happen with a specific mod or everyone for you?

1 Like

hey Ikoknight

yes, the desync are all from specific mod but it is not mod related. this is a lot more evident on blackforest only for some reason. If we play other maps it almost never desync, and if it does it’ll be 1 player only, where in blackforest game would desync everybody.

other maps maybe 5%
blackforest is like 50%+ desync rate, every 2nd game it’ll go desync

1 Like

Thanks, I have created a ticket with this information, now we are tracking it internally ^-^

two more desync’d game if it helps

Thanks!

Does this issue happen for you in the new April Pup?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/813780/discussions/15/3181237058686392490/

I tried to play on PUP but getting some errors which I posted a bug report on steam forum. probably because im using windows 8.1

Can you paste here the Steam post link? Not sure if I checked it yet

here Steam Community :: Error

I see that you already replied there lol

Hi! Do you still have this issue in the new update?

1 Like

will play a couple more in blackforest and update here, thanks for following up!

@IkoKnight8151, a quick update. so far seems to be fine. there are still desync here and there but its not limited to blackforest and the frequency of it happening on BF seems less.

we play quite often so I’ll keep it checked, thank you.

1 Like

@IkoKnight8151

another desync today on BF unsure if its same issue or just a regular desync like many others. attached with log, replay, saved game. there are no mdmp cause it was not a crash.

Thanks @thieftdp8498 !

Can you send to us all the desync files from all the players involved in this game? Only with one we cannot investigate the issue unfortunately

Thanks!

1 Like

@IkoKnight8151

I was told by one of the devs about half a year ago (due to massive desync issue back then as well) that they can download the replays now without all the player submitting them. was that removed?