A DIY Japan design

Photoshop I thought?

1 Like

这东西很棒,做得很好

i really like all the effort you went to for the design of the civ, and hoping we get an official DLC for the japanese in the future, hopefully they will use some of you ideas

i know a lot of people have reached similar conclusions to how certain units could work

i love the daimyos, and how the various samurai units work. i think the ninja has a lot of potential, and if you give them pro scouts from the start, it might be balanced out, since ninja will naturally be slower than scouts, they wont be able to eat all the deer too quickly, but at the same time, each deer brought in will be worth a lot more to the japanese

if i was playing japanese i would likely ignore sheep, and focus the deer (harvest rate) which means the opponent would be able to easily snatch tons of sheep, since it would be almost impossible to stop them anyway due to the speed of scouts and the herd mechanic

but there will obviously be a lot of fine tuning needed. as an example, the salary for killing units is way too OP. like mind blowingly so. let us compare to the keshik in aoe2 that generates gold while fighting.

the keshik gets 3 gold for killing a villager…

the problem with your high values is the snowball effect, you are already killing the opponent’s units, which means you are getting ahead, so anything else gained on top of that can lead to landslide victories if the gains are too high

i think due to the nature of the cavalry they could even make it that the rider can fire at any time, not necessarily during a charge. but yeah either way could be great.

i think this one will take a fair amount to balance it… .since it sounds like horsemen simply do the job better. reduce the PA of MAA and it becomes horsemen level without the speed, but much more expensive.

we know from the landsknecht that lack of PA can quickly make infantry easy prey

能得到你们的肯定让我感到很荣幸。

我在后续的构思里也听取了不少热心玩家的建议,比如俸禄的奖励数量过于丰厚,前期的食物获得太超额,是否会存在太过无解的RUSH战术等等问题。我经过一些思考后,做出了相应的修改。

1旗帜变化

2磨坊减价减少,忍者升级专业侦察兵之前不能背羊。忍者的造价,训练速度和其他国家侦察兵数值一致,但生命值和移动速度会低于其他侦察兵。忍者杀羊时效率和杀鹿一样(未升级专业侦察兵前两下),并且也是近战攻击。

3俸禄奖励黄金数值恒定为黑暗时代 5点,封建时代10点,城堡时代15点,帝王时代25点。扶持米升级后获得的食物量为10/15/25,杀狼的奖励取消。

4明确日本武士和旗本武士的生命值和远程护甲会明显低于其他国家的重甲单位兵。
旗本武士的移动速度会略低于其他国家的重骑兵,并且不能加速接近也不能造成任何冲击伤害。弓箭射击为一个稍远距离的攻击,对重甲单位会造成少量的额外伤害。大致伤害和其他国家的冲击伤害数值相同。

5武士和旗本武士的成本略微提高。

6幕府的造价提高到100木

7 后续的其他设定:因为日本的民族特色,日本石墙的功能回归3代模式,即只有阻挡作用,但不能驻守人员。石墙塔和城门一样建在城墙上骑墙而非外挂,但依旧可以从外面和里面都能攻击到。石墙塔本身作用和其他国家城墙一致(即石墙塔=其他国家的城墙),但床弩需要额外黄金和石头升级。

1 Like

Man I wish I knew how to use Photoshop well enough to make such icons for my Venice civ design too…