A DLC CALLED SOUTH AMERICAN REVOLUTIONS would be good

In them would be Gran Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile.
Here I will present a sketch of what the great Colombia would be like
this would be your metropolis Bogotá
CKVVi03VAAA-jxm

(Federal) States
I!: chocó ,Casanare, Socorro, Boyacá, Tunja (Trade Age)
II!: Quito, Guayaquil, Santa fe de bogotá , Caracas, Barinas (Age of Strongholds)
IV: Panamá, , Santa Marta, Mariquita, Cartagena, Magdalena (Industrial Age)
V: Pasto ,cauca, Antioquia, Popayán, Pamplona, ([Edad Imperial]

This would be the ages with revolutions.
Unique Units:
General:
Explorador
mounted scout equivalent to a Dragon represented as Francisco de Paula Santander or another hero of independence

Llanero: it is already represented in the game

simón bolivar: as it is in the game as a shipment

independence soldier: it would be in phases it would start as a Spanish musketeer

and finally the one in the game.

Unique Unit drummer inspires the troops around

LANCER:replaces the Spanish Halberdier

Unique Unit : PRESIDENTIAL GUARD
Origins
In 1781 the Viceroy Archbishop Don Antonio Caballero y Góngora orders the creation of the Auxiliary Battalion of Santafé, which was located in the back of the San Carlos building.

On June 10, 1791, it was transferred to the facilities of the Cloister of San Agustín, today the Museum of Arts and Traditions, in front of Casa de Nariño. In 1918, President Marco Fidel Suárez created the National Cavalry Regiment, which provided security services to the presidents until 1925.
As Honor Guard, the Battalion was created in 1814, in Barrancas, Venezuela, by the Liberator Simón Bolívar.

On September 25, 1828, as aide-de-camp to the honor guard of the Liberator Simón Bolívar, Colonel Guillermo Fergusson offered his life to save his leader and thus allow our fledgling Republic to continue on its way. That episode is known as the ‘September attack’.

At that time, the residence of the guard of honor was the Palacio de San Carlos, the home of Heads of State at the time, and currently the headquarters of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The uniform of the soldiers of the Presidential Guard Battalion dates back to the time of Independence, in 1810, and General Simón Bolívar participated in its design.

The 33 golden buttons represent the 33 battles that took place to obtain freedom, the 22 cords, 11 on each side, signify the 22 years that Bolívar lasted to free five nations. The Liberator called it the ‘parrot uniform’ because of its three colors yellow, blue and red. It is currently used in ceremonies by the honor guard of the House of Nariño.
main-qimg-0517716ce4f7a28d2db02fe068acf80e-lq

The Juanas were the women who followed the troops of the independence army in the liberation campaign at the beginning of the 19th century. Their work will develop serve as messengers, nurses, seamstresses, cooks and even perform military tasks. Generally, they worked as wives, mothers, daughters and sisters of the soldiers, although there were also volunteers without direct affiliation with the soldiers.
https://enciclopedia.banrepcultural.org/index.php/Las_Juanas

The juanas: send two female nurses who can heal units and reduce resource costs while they are present

British and Irish Legion: Rifles Battalion

Mestizos: natives and Afro-descendant wielding any weapon clubs spears machetes is similar to the insurgents in Mexico.
tipo_negro

Unique Buildings: Fort Castillo San Felipe de Barajas

Walls of Cartagena
murallas-672x372

like Venezuelan revolution
unique units
Hussars of Venezuela

llaneros venezolanos:

practically the same as in Colombia.

Ecuadorian Revolution
Unique Units: Grenadier Tarqui

and panama as a revolution i don’t know yet so far i can only imagine maritime economy
with the canal and cheaper warships.

Revolution Bolivia single unit
Bolivian Legion or the Yellows of Sucre

Although Bolivia did not belong to the great Colombia, it was liberated by Simón Bolívar and was for a short period of time under the army of the great Colombia.
esto es un bosquejo .

Map; viceroyalty of new granada

Minor civilization : Muiscas , unique units

Guecha: elite warrior
guerrero

Muisca priest:

images (1)

Cacique: Chief Warrior

Minor civilization cards: The Golden send a fake army to fight for a period of time

Muisca mummies: gives stamina points to guecha warriors

According to Gonzalo Jiménez de Quesada, who made the first contact with the Muisca, during the conquest, the guecha warriors carried mummies on their backs to serve as an example and impress their enemies in their war. When his soldiers Miguel Sánchez and Juan Rodríguez Parra raided the Temple of the Sun in Sogamoso in September 1537, they found mummies decorated with gold crowns and other objects placed on raised platforms .

and the letters would be missing
Botanical Expedition grants faster harvesting on farms
salt mines; send a cartload of salt.
coffee sends a cart to make a coffee crop
Estates : send x number of estates.

campaigns:
Siege of Cartagena de Indias (1741) Spanish blas de lezo
English Edward Vernon

liberating campaigns;
Battle of Boyacá August 7, (1819)
The Battle of Carabobo June 24, (1821)
The Battle of Pichincha May 24, (1822)

7 Likes

So basically a similar civ to mexico?

I doubt gran colombia will ever be included due to the fact it lasted 10 years.

2 Likes

México tampoco y esta allí

México tuvo muchos cambio igual que Colombia entre periodos
Primer imperio
Primera República Federal
República Centralista
El Segundo Imperio
y Colombia también tuvo muchos periodos como México.
pero a diferencia que Colombia no tuvo imperios como México.
solo estoy dando una pequeña idea para poner otros países como Venezuela y Ecuador. que no se sienten representados con Colombia

Actually Gran Colombia with the revolution system is a good way to represent all of that States. It is very fitting.

1 Like

But what a ten years!

1 Like

No.

At least 20 characters

1 Like

Postcolonial civilizations, while interesting, still feel very forced. I think this game should have a separate game mode, inspired by WOL where these types of civilizations will fit well. I am from Colombia, but I think that Colombia would not fit. But we already have Mexico and the US, so we could already expect more civilizations of this type in the future.

The good thing about this is that they may add new maps and natives such as the Guayu, the Quimbaya, Muisca, Tairona, etc.

8 Likes

I think that if they add new South America civs, they should be Gran Colombia with Bolivar as explorer, United Provinces of Rio de la Plata (Argentina) with San Martin as the explorer and the Brazilean Empire with Pedro II

7 Likes

Gran Colombia may have been short-lived, but the work of Bolivar and Santander set off the process leading to every other revolution in Latin America against Spain and Portugal. They, along with Brazil and Argentina, deserve a place in the game.

However, they should certainly have their own feel and set of mechanics that differentiate them from Mexico, while respecting the history of these countries.

1 Like

A revolution game mode where everyone starts as a revolution civ!

2 Likes

Mestizos: indígenas and afroamericanos

What

2 Likes

Argentinians, Brazilians and Gran Colombians - DEFINITELY YES

Peru and Chile as fully fledged civs would overwhelm this region in my opinion. I would prefer Mapuche and Tupi to them.

1 Like

Nassau, the Republic of Pirates lasted longer than Gran Columbia :smiley:

(Hint, hint Devs :wink: )

2 Likes

Overwhelm a region that has a grand total of ONE (1) civ? ok.

Besides, both the argentinian and colombian independent processes ended up in Peru, which would make it more viable as a new civ with support cards from Argentina and Colombia and other SA nations that fought in that last stretch, if devs want to save resources.

Chile fue uno de los que mas florecio durante el siglo XIX volviendose una potencia regional, no se por que no podria estar colega

1 Like

I think that all civilizations in South America have a certain right to be in the game, but I think that this topic is deviating too much from its original proposal, I think that instead of debating whether should be added X civilization, we should consider how we want it to be represent her.