A letter to devs #3 : Tutorials and unranked

What a terrible suggestions. I suggest to make it more easily and appealing to join the ranked match making queue. Already many lower rated have some anxiety for playing on ranked.

Ranked is not just for the pros. It should be the easiest way to get quickly into a new game. We dont need new barriers for ranked.

Also your suggestions dont make sense. Why should new players first have experience the hell of the lobby? Games in the lobby are terrible. There is a reason i never played in the lobby. If you want to scare away players, then you need to push them to the lobby.

I also dont like SP. So why do i need to play against the AI first? That is boring. I want it play against other players. I also have no idea why a player should be able to be able to best the AI first.

Ratings already reflect skill, so why add an base line against the AI? Like many lower rated players wont will be able to best the AI. But their rating is also lower. So the play against equally skilled players. And that is great.

2 Likes

Quick play isn’t quick. You get better games from ranked queue, and rly what’s even the difference. There barely is one.

Also. We apparently have enough players to split the playerbasw between quick play and ranked queue with no good reason but, deathmatch ranked queue had to go. Wtf

1 Like

Yes if people going to dodge, they dodge. Just like trolling, disconnecting, blaming, no matter which queue they are queueing. The only difference is the queue time that Quick play queue much longer than Ranked Queue.

Quick play is the most useless features that the devs have implemented.

Why do you want to get matched against all possible skill levels if you also can be matched against equally skilled players. Ofc almost everyone goes for balanced games. As result quick play becomes even slower and even more players move from quick play to ranked.

The design of quick play is just flawed from the beginning.

1 Like

That sounds super frustrating.
You know that AoE2DE is a remaster of a remaster?
Many people have spend hundreds if not thousands or hours in the original AoE2 or AoE2HD before playing AoE2DE.

Can you imagine how upset those people were if they were forced to play a tutorial to be able to play unranked lobbies?
Imagine the outcry if that was enforced.

2 Likes