A permanent option for small trees in game settings

I would like to know [Title] from your experience, is this possible?
Heck Yes : Why not done it already?
maybe : if the lord wants it you shall have it. Lets pray then!
No : Any part of AOE II DE does not care for my feelings.

Any case lets discuss how to progress on this?

3 Likes

What will be really different compared to just enable the mod?
That it wouldnt be turned off after a patch/hotfix? That seems to only difference between the current situation and your suggestion?

Or do i dont understand your suggestion?

1 Like

This was asked multiple times in the beta and it sounded as if it was not possible to create a toggle for a graphic switch. As you’ll notice, event rewards from the devs are also a mod.

1 Like

Yes, the birch trees ruin my games, and after an update mods don’t get updated upto 3-4 days, that is the issue.

2 Likes

yes… i also tire of having to re-activate something like 20 mods every time they patch the game… like maybe its ok with a big patch, but a hotfix? ugh

first world problems :smiley:

For beginners.

Like Hera said recently, he “doesn’t know why people would carry on playing when they load into a game and see all the massive trees”.

The game should make it a clear option to toggle the tree size in the first tutorial. And preferably have this in the settings. I bet we lose a lot of players through graphics they don’t like.

Also why don’t boats with oars have the oars moving, its 2022 LOL

Yea the big trees where a huge mistake. no one >1000 elo plays with big trees. They don’t even look good, and just block your vision on everything.

They look good and are great for campaigns and more casual play

If I wasn’t playing online I would always play with the normal trees

1 Like