A running process may be interfering with the correct operation of AoE2, this may be caused by anti-virus software; malware, game over lays, or other active processes on the pc

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: game version: 101.102.12638.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Every time the game gets loaded up, the same message pops up “A running process may be interfering with the correct operation of AoE2, this may be caused by anti-virus software; malware, game over lays, or other active processes on the pc” this same message then proceeds to make me push “ok” and it closes the game, I have deleted the game and tried re-downloading it and the error still occurs, I even deleted all the files for the game and the same message still pops up.

This sort of issue was not happening before until I purchased the “Age of Empires 25th Anniversary Collection” which offers the following items;
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Lords of the West
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Dawn of the Dukes
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Dynasties of India
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - United States Civilization
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - Mexico Civilization
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - The African Royals
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - Knights of the Mediterranean
Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition

Every other Age of Empires game opens and runs without this message except Age of Empires 2

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time (will not stop popping up)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Be more descriptive to what may have caused this sort of error since I have not downloaded or even turned on any sort of “anti-virus malware.”

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The game launches and plays the intro like it normally does, and take me to the main screen selection when the intro of the application is done.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hi @Flowermonster61
Do you have any kind of overlay? E.g discord, nvidia, Steam…