A Suggestion for Redesigning the Regional Pre-Colombian Units

It triggers me when somebody calls Inca mesoamerican.

I mean, cant we just call them indigenous americans or pre-Columbian civilizations?

I undestand that for gameplay issues they are similar, and I dont really have a problem with that, but calling a Andine civilization as mesoamerican is kind the same as calling portuguese or spanish as east europe civilization.

1 Like

@Renatinho182 I am sorry that this discussion that I have created encourages other people to label the Incas as Mesoamerican. If I could still edit both my original post and topic title I would happily replace the word “Mesoamerican” with either “South Native American” or “Pre-Columbian” instead, so that we will refer to every indigenous tribe that lived in the continent that would later be known as South America.

We could henceforth refer to the Aztecs, Incas and Maya as the [Pre-Columbian Civilisations] as a collective name for them in this discussion if it fits better. Or at least that is what I am going to do from now on if I will post future comments in this discussion.

1 Like

I think it probably kind of comes of the architecture sets, that seems to be how a lot of people, myself included, group the civs. The Incas currently use the Mesoamerican architecture, and as such, are therefore usually refered to as Mesoamerian.

1 Like

It seems that I have been given additional time by the administrators to edit both my original post and topic title. Thank you so much Forgotten Empires!

1 Like

It’s not really wrong in the sense, the buildings are based on mesoamerica style. Even if Inca are Andean it doesn’t matter their looks are not.