About AOE:DE Soundtrack

Hi, I just wanna know, am I the only one that loves it so much that I can’t stop listening to it?

No. :slight_smile:

I recently “discovered” the AoE2 soundtrack as well. I have to make sure I don’t listen until it gets “boring” before the game comes out :slight_smile:

I’m already listenning to original AOE and AOE II soundtracks for years :slight_smile:

First track of the original AOE when you enter a game is my favourite, I could listen to it during hours :smiley:

After I saw available in Spotify I can not stop listening too!

What is your favourite song? Even though I love Whirling Dulcimer (Medieval Melody), I rather enjoy I Shall Return (Tango Alpha Bravo) because feels more like traveling and such stuff.

Some tracks are cacophonous, and others are fairly faithful. If I had to criticize the DE soundtrack, I would say the composer added extra layers to some songs where they were unnecessary–the central harmonies worked just fine without another distracting sound layer added. And some key songs appear missing.

@mythdracon said:
Some tracks are cacophonous, and others are fairly faithful. If I had to criticize the DE soundtrack, I would say the composer added extra layers to some songs where they were unnecessary–the central harmonies worked just fine without another distracting sound layer added. And some key songs appear missing.

Indeed. Maybe they have more time to add a few songs.

Listened to the album, have to say im rather dissapointed. Most songs do not have their unique special feeling anymore. Most of them are kind of ruined.

I will be changing those songs for the old ror midi’s for sure.

@Arclyse said:
Listened to the album, have to say im rather dissapointed. Most songs do not have their unique special feeling anymore. Most of them are kind of ruined.

I will be changing those songs for the old ror midi’s for sure.

They ruined many songs

I made a little list of the songs I did like, so I may create my own custom music list for the game. I’m assuming that it will simply use a music folder with “xmusic1, xmusic2” etc.

I doubt they will> @MarceloMoura10 said:

@mythdracon said:

Indeed. Maybe they have more time to add a few songs.

They recorded the whole soundtrack at once with a full orchestra, I doubt they’re going to put in any more funds into it.