About hardware requirement

So let me talk about AoE version Rise of Rome Expansion first. This is a version that every guys in Vietnam knows. This version bring to us a lot of fun after stressful work hours. and this is why it so popular:

1. There are not many hardware requirements.
  2. With some kind of mutual agreements --> game do not waste too much time for each battle, just about 15 - 20 mins for each battle.
    As these reason above I hope so MicrosoftStudios team can make DE version do not require many hardware requirements to make this version popular again

Sell your notebook, buy a PC and everything will be OK. :smiley:

@DeynorCZ said:
Sell your notebook, buy a PC and everything will be OK. :smiley:

:slight_smile:

well, of course it is going to require better hardware, that is the point of having an HD remake. that being said, I don’t think the requirements will be very high if you play on a minimal setting.

@BlazingGaming13 said:
well, of course it is going to require better hardware, that is the point of having an HD remake. that being said, I don’t think the requirements will be very high if you play on a minimal setting.

I hope so, because if the system requirements says it needs over 1.8ghz, and 4GB of RAM it won’t work in older PC’S, I just wonder if the minimal system settings of the game will require exactly the same amount as the minimal system requirements​, if it is so, that would mean the game will be consuming a lot of hardware resources.

Hmm I don’t know if it is worth to consider older PC’s which have less than 2Ghz and 4GB of Ram because this has been a standard for at least 7 years.
I mean specs like <2GB are also limitting the developers hardly in what they can do in the new version.

Features:

All-new graphics & artwork
Multiplayer
Remastered soundtrack
Remastered sound effects
Completely revamped UI
The good old campaigns with proper spit and polish
Countless balance adjustments
New terrains & scenario editor objects

** Classic Mode — The original 1997 experience**
Plenty a-wololo

I don’t know if the classic Mode will require less resources, but if I have to choose I prefer having a new game with high requeriments (and eventually good graphics). We have had to wait 20 years for a remake. :slight_smile:

Minimum System Requirements

• Architecture: X64 required
  • Processor: 1.8 Ghz+ Dual Core or greater i3, i5, or i7, or AMD equivalent
  • Graphics: Intel HD 4000 or Greater (16 or more Execution Units), AMD or nVidia GPU scoring 500 or more on Passmark G3D Mark
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Storage: 8-10GB

https://www.ageofempires.com/buy-now/

You can get a PC that meets the minimum requirements for as little as 300 dollar I think if not less. A cheap I5 with an onboard GPU should be just fine.

Comparing the requirements of DE to all the other games on the buy-now page is a little funny. It takes up waaaaay more Hard Drive space than they do :smiley:

cuz of all the many individual high-res images for each unit-facing, presumably :wink:

a tiny bit more on-topic: Given that the Vietnam scene has survived this long on ol’ AOE1, I’m sure it’ll continue on just fine without the DE, if 'Nam computers are mostly not suited to play DE. It’s a bit of a shame, but it’s a premium product so if you can’t pay the premium then gg. Keep playing the old game you love :sweat_smile:

@K4z1Pu said:
Minimum System Requirements

• Architecture: X64 required
  • Processor: 1.8 Ghz+ Dual Core or greater i3, i5, or i7, or AMD equivalent
  • Graphics: Intel HD 4000 or Greater (16 or more Execution Units), AMD or nVidia GPU scoring 500 or more on Passmark G3D Mark
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Storage: 8-10GB

https://www.ageofempires.com/buy-now/

That’s good