About Inca balance

Power spike? Get gud man! Power spike is when Otto comes to my base with 15 musks,2 falcos and 4-5 Spachi before I even started aging. Im dead at this moment. Good that I have some kind of power spike light years into the future

Yeah so you listed three items, which all arrive at different times in the game, and which represent three individual power spikes that constitute a ā€œTiming.ā€ 4 guard field guns for 1500c is a single technology which arrives at a single time, making it an individual power spike. As an individual power spike, 4 guard field guns are more powerful than the jans, the 2 falcs, or the Spahis you listed.

Iā€™ve faced INCA and if Iā€™m able to stop that 4 field gun or get away without losing much. They win through trading posts as these get to 12k+ hp and most civs donā€™t have high sieging units. And as they can stealth and even overcome your army it gets pretty stupid having to kill a trading post with 12k+ HP. In my opinion they should move the canons to age 4 or give 2 culverins for a cheaper price if they want to give anti canon but not 4 canons that act as anti cannon and also canon at Fortress age, Which can also be garrisoned and abused to infinity. While at the same time they have to apply the same rule they added to Defense dancing. It does not apply to walls and it should not apply to tambos(trading posts). Whenever any other civ starts monopoly win trough trading post, you get options to stop it, however vs INCA I donā€™t see any at this moment.

Honorable mention to the fact that INCA can have 13Food per second. And 20Coin per second. while 2 factories can only produce 14 of anything per second and is only available at Industrial. Inca being able to have 13F per second and their entire Warhut army costing Food/wood only. Sets them in a good spot to win all Trades in The Commerce age and if a game is dragged out. They will win 100% without any possible counter. As most civs have to transition into Mills

It is not only cannons that can be Garrisoned. But also any army and with the hiding/unhiding your army You can do wonders against anything in the game

Defense Town for INCA with only lamas in the community plaza. Gets Trading post to 12k+ hp, Stronghold to 26k+ hp, Town centers to 26k+ HP and all other buildings a hard time to deal against

2 Likes

Plz provide footage or example, from what you describe you just got outplayed by Incans, as a civ that also can excel at only few things like getting trade posts.

The defense town dance isnā€™t overpowered, any native civ can use it as far as I know. (with a card)

Bet itā€™s a game where you sat back as a euro civ and then complained about how Incas (with stronger late-game than Aztec and ā€œfull Llamas in their fire pitā€) did multiple things.

I watched some pro (from top 50) players streams on twitch (so donā€™t blame them for poor play), and itā€™s pretty common scenario when euro civ has full map control, 1-2 ages forward, and like 6-10k points advantage and cannot push cost-efficiently enough to win the game. And, even if the player is still in the game after that, just loses because of raids with ā€œunsnarableā€ runners (the most stupid mechanic in the game, they are already faster than most cav, even if you catch raid they can just run away from you and reach your villagers anyway) and strong eco boom (stronger than age IV euro eco with factories).

The problem here, not that Inca is unbeatable, but that if you play against a good defensive Inca player you cannot make a single mistake if you want to win, on the other hand, Inca player allowed to make mistakes at the micro and macro level and still win the game because of civ advantages.

1 Like

You havent been there back then in 2005 with un nerfed Ottomans or Boldar Bloods Native rush? And Russian starting with less food? You had to idle your tc or sent 300 food to get up early enough to not die to un nerfed janissars back then.

And we dont even talk about abu guns which had like 50% range resists and faster reload times then today, i think they got 3 or 4 nerfs until today. Back then Janis / Abus from 2 Ottos was unplayable. Had 2 ppl in my friendslist with 100% win the first 100 Games.
They won a 2v2 tournament back then and their enemys even refused to play against them in the finals because there was no counter to it. They were called Hijacker and Divinity and played against Starsky and Naturephoenix (mmc and skwizz) but that was like 15 years ago and like 10 ottoman nerfs earlier. They didnt even care about church or eco upgrades, just had insane unitmicro (one beeing an starcraft & warcraft player before and had good abu gun micro) and raging kill / death rotations.

its easy to stop the inca spears if you know its coming.
get up early, defensive barrack, some walls if required, place your houses around tc.
like 5 archers or 8 xbows can kite them. as eu you can even beat them with minute mans. Sioux 5 early cetans with warchief for extra speed, aztecs first mace shipment, iroquese (hodensƤcke) aennas, etc. pp

Definitely not, back then, if any RTS game, Iā€™d be playing AoE2 or AoM, or some newer RTS, not wasting my time in AoE3 with the inbalances/simpler gameplay.

What do you mean ā€˜back thenā€™, itā€™s been fixed I assume?

Incans are currently similar. You can get spears, and 2 other groups of units out attacking the TC early. Is it defeatable? Yes. But itā€™s an advantage, far too early too.

I think similar to the other Ensemble Studio games, there shouldnā€™t be any credible attempt to win early like that. Usually even in the more complex games, you ā€˜canā€™ rush, but you also ā€˜canā€™ defend from it. If you donā€™t react properly, a player can harm you. It isnā€™t just some gamble where you have to spot it right away either or else they win in 5 minutes. See AoM top gameplay and AoE2 top gameplay how a rush should play out. Thereā€™s no threat to TCs usually, unless they do something thatā€™s 100% all in like attacking with all villagers too.

Itā€™s hard to discuss as so many noobs are mixed in, and by that, I also mean players like yourself who were probably playing AoE3 a long time but still have those ratios where you saw a lot of it, played a thousand matches, win about 50%, then talk about balances and what you saw etc.

The proper fix is at least scaling the Plumbed Spearmenā€™s and infantryā€™s siege attack to be similar to normal Pikemen. The result is they have to decide to invest more and do more before the TC can be assaulted like usual. They can increase it over Age3+ again if needed. That will prevent Incas being used similar to the Ottomans rush you described. Otherwise to assault TC that early, they need dedicated units or enough massed units. If they do this rush, it needs to be done like Aztecs would do.

Iā€™ve already beaten many rushes from so-called old players, such as super early Russia/German rushes, and the idea is while they do some damage, they can still lose. Incans can put Spears, Anti Infantry, and Anti Archers all in one and youā€™ll find the TC dead in 5 to 6 minutes. Itā€™s hard to deal with because itā€™s like gambling, you canā€™t simply react to it. If you do see it coming, you might mitigate it a bit. You donā€™t know itā€™s coming and then the ā€˜responseā€™ is to try to do the same thing, but itā€™s not really ā€˜balancedā€™ in the way true balanced RTS games are, where if they do such a rush, maybe they can aim to harass you but not end the game (you can react to it, or find that itā€™s coming well enough). If you sent 2 cards already you wonā€™t get the free units and likely will just lose every time as you lose your TC. Itā€™s definition of OP and as usual the problem is wrong/bad players weigh in, but the solution is pretty easy.

You think Inca are so good and need changes? Just lower the high siege attacks on early Age2 units, and letā€™s see how well this super strong late-game works that people complain about here. Easy. If itā€™s so defeatable then donā€™t care about it too much, just nerf the early siege attack. No civ should be based on a 5 minute rush even if AoE3 has its share of cheesy cheat players trying to do things like that (advance a minute early or something to scare opponents away).

By watching streamers play INCA or against INCA. You can see their suffering when playing this civ or against it. Even when I play the ladder 1v1, I just have no clue on how to stop INCA. Good defense. Strong raids that you canā€™t really chase. Bowman in big mass can kite most units.

This civ needs many nerfs. They probably have a bad in treaty as treaty is mainly focused on canons. But in supremacy this civ doesnā€™t have that many problems against cannons as they got very strong tools to deal with them early on. Like 6 huaracas themselves and a couple of chimu runners can shutdown 2 canons from shipment.

Making a civ too different from the others adds more imba things to the game. Game should remain equal on some aspects for it to have a fair balance

On the beta I had made a post about Forts being useless. They are indeed for EURO civs, But for INCA. That is the scariest defensive building Iā€™ve ever seen Forcing you to have morts or lose to it