About the forum and comments in news bugs

Hi,

I don’t really know where to post this as it concerns the forum technology and the comments on the news site themselves.

I noticed some annoying bug, in some cases a comment or a post submitted disappear from the thread/blog post. I added a post on my existing topic on beta forum, then I edited it to correct a mistake, and the post entirely disappeared, and the topic went down in the forum list as not updated. Hopefully, I save every post before posting but I don’t know if it’ll re-appear later or if it’s completely deleted.

Once, I had this bug, and tried to post different versions of same comment thinking some particular character was putting the mess, and after some days, ALL comment tries appeared suddenly, making something like 15 similar comments of mine spamming the whole blog post, like on this news : https://www.ageofempires.com/news/age-empires-definitive-edition-art-update/ and the news wasn’t moderated as asked and reported as spam by users…

Please do something to improve this forum + news engine technology on posts and comments.

Thank you.

This forum is incredibly buggy and we mods are far from done fixing things, which we will do one way or the other.

Feel free to send me a pm to discuss, though I think I just found some goofy bug that affected one of your posts.

Yes, all topics and all posts that were ‘hidden’ are now spamming everywhere ^^ like first time on the june’s art blog post. I’ll pm you details.

They get hidden because it needs to be “approved” before being seen again. That probably requires a person, and now that there is a backlog, they might have just approved everything at once.

The approval thing seems to happen when you edit within a short time. There could be other reasons too.

I have the impression that having an URL in the post needs approving.

I had the approving message for these topics, but I hadn’t when I edited a comment in the other topic, there was no URL either.

@Danicela said:
I have the impression that having an URL in the post needs approving.

I had the approving message for these topics, but I hadn’t when I edited a comment in the other topic, there was no URL either.

Seemed like that to me too, but not everytime i used an Url in the end well …

Though i already said that the feedback response from the forum should be a little more visible than just a one second popup in the left bottom corner.

The bad thing is that newbies sometimes doesn’t want to spam the forum with the same comment but get instantly reported at “Spam Reaction”. If everyone were aware of this, but no, we just report them :disappointed:

Yes my profile has 57 spam points lol.

@Danicela said:

My sadness reaction to you. Seems to happen a lot around here, hope you get some positive points :wink:

@KingDarBoja said:

@Danicela said:

My sadness reaction to you. Seems to happen a lot around here, hope you get some positive points :wink:

I really wish there was a better way to communicate to a moderator that a thread needs attention besides flagging threads with spam or abuse and then those spam or abuse votes are permanently attached to the forum member who created the thread.

I had again the case, when I put a link to a AoE DE blog news on a comment, the comment requires validation, I removed the link, and the comment was directly posted.