About the siege capabilities of the Lakota civilisation

I didn’t respond because I made it clear that the Lakota don’t need a halberdier-type unit. It’s not a unit type they need at all.

And I pointed out the redundancy because I was pointing out that it isn’t necessarily a bad thing to have redundancy in units. They each have their own strengths and weaknesses in regards to unit composition and what works and what doesn’t. Having more options is good, not bad.

This is your response after the comment I posted the 8th July, is this where you make it clear that the Lakota don’t need a “Halberdier” type unit? NO

And how am I supposed to know that you not “replying” to me serves as disapproval from you? Its not like we are talking face to face.

I’m not against the Lakota having Cheyenne soldiers, but if they do, they should be of the Cheyenne warrior societies, like the Dog, Shield, Kitfox, Elk, or Bowstring Soldiers.

Personally, I’m not against the Lakota just not having a melee anti-cavalry unit at all. I think it’d give them an interesting weakness, and an ironic one.

Consider this: The Lakota have four units that are super effective into heavy infantry - the Tokala Soldier, the Rifle Rider, the Cetan Bowman, and the Wakina Rifle. While most of the Lakota military is based around their cavalry, they do not lack a way to take down cavalry’s counters. It’d be more interesting if the Axe Rider was given a bonus into cavalry, making them weaker into cavalry but having other ways of mending that weakness.

Though I can admit that I later added this new sentence in my post the 8th July, the one which is in brackets, so you may not have seen it:

I see. If that is the case would it be “okay” if the Lakota were able to train an infantry unit wielding this weapon from the [War Hut], but make it clear that they are warriors from the Cheyenne tribe and not from the Lakota?

[By doing this the Lakota civilisation will have some kind of a “Halberdier” unit who will replace the [Club Warrior] that counts as a [Pikeman] to the Lakota in-game.]

I think that it is absolutely important to represent each civilisation in the game from their own culture, but if they happened to be allied with other people who helped them in their cause, such as the Cheyenne with the Lakota, wouldn’t it then also be important to represent that as well to some degree?

If we take a look at other civilisations in the game such as the [Swedes], they can train a cavalry unit called the [Hakkapelit] who are not Swedish but are [Finnish] soldiers who served Gustavus Adolphus during the Thirty Years’ War. And the [Russians] can train the [Cossack] who are apparently people of mixed ethnic origin, descending from Russians, Ukrainians, Belarusians, Turks, Tatars and others who settled or passed through the vast Steppe. The Russian government established an alliance with them were they served as their soldiers, by giving them their own land and property.

But the point of giving the Lakota this “Halberdier” unit was something that I mentioned when I started this post the 3rd July.

I said this repeatedly in this response and I’ll say it again - The Lakota do not need a Halberdier-type unit.

Please read all comments on your thread. You are getting unecessarily aggressive - nobody is getting in your face. You are being defensive without reason.

A Cheyenne unit would be cool, but as a cavalry-based unit. However, I must recant my previous opinion - considering that there are Cheyenne in the game as a minor civ, it would not make sense to give the Lakota a Cheyenne-specific unit but not give the Native trading post that unit as well - It would be best to just not give the Lakota a Cheyenne unit by default at all and instead simply allow the Cheyenne Rider to become trainable from the Corral after sending a Cheyenne Support card and enabling the Elite and Champion upgrades researchable from the Corral as well. Accompanied, the Cheyenne Riders gained this way would have either a build limit and a population count of zero or no build limit and a population count of two.

(As a side note, the Cheyenne Rider is, by all intentions, meant to emulate a Dog Soldier, so I’ll just refer to them as such in further discussion involving the Cheyenne.)