About these ugly knife bayonet [european musketeer]

It should be a theoretically easy change to make, after all the correct bayonet musket models already exist in the game and are used by units like the Bourbon Royal Musketeer.

5 Likes

Tires were not invented for cars. Rubber tires were created in 1839. The pneumatic tires in 1845, but were not very successful industrialy until their practical application in bycicles by Dunlop and cars by Michelin in 1890s. Tires in Indian boat, I assume it’s because the very important Indian rubber industry in late 19th century and its derived tire industry in early 20th century.

Salut! :smile:

2018-02-01
Dunlop’s tires in a bycicle (1888)

Michelin’s tires in a car (1897)

1 Like

So, knife bayonet just for imperial musketeers?

1 Like

There it is: knife bayonet in musketeer only will be when Imperial

2 Likes

It’s not a simple “graphic change”. It’s a change in animation which does have impact in both gameplay and multiplayer synchronicity.

Only may cause desynch if it is modded. If it was an official change, it could work.

1 Like

Almost 3 years later they haven’t fix that super UGLY bayonet

What a shame!
The thing I can’t understand is they already made some units as CRRECT Socket Bayonet, but still produce NEW WRONG bayonet units and keep the WRONG bayonet when they update the new skin.
Could it be they were produce by different team or designer?
Even so that’s not the fucking excuse to present the WRONG bayonet!
Do you even check your production or just lazy ignored the WRONG bayonet intentional?!

1 Like

Right so this post doesn’t get marked as “necro”. That (unpublished) rule is so arbitrary that it should be removed altogether. A post is relevant, as long as people keep discussing about it. If it is off topic that is another thing; otherwise it is just “busywork” and it actually hinders conversations in the forums.

3 Likes

‘Fixed an issue with several muskets showing anachronistic knife bayonets.’
Patch notes

Wonder if that will address this?

3 Likes

I would wait the patch before celebrating !

Not sure if my question was celebrating :grin:

But yes, I am curious as to how this works out in the actual release.

I’m curious because knife bayonet is anachronistic for literally all units.
Only those with a post 1870s look should use them (which means none).

Maybe they just removed it.

2 Likes

You never know.

I guess it promising that according to the patch notes they’ve even looked at the Gurkas melee and are changing it to be a more appropriate Kukuri blade. I know that’s not a Musketeer nor bayonet, however it’s an attention to detail on a melee weapon.

That’s maybe because it is so famous.

Any changes with the bayonet in the end guys? (not got my gaming laptop around, doh!)

They simply replaced all knife bayonets with socket bayonets entirely.

3 Likes

Looks like they fully replaced the model for the guns in the files and all have the same bayonet style.

7 Likes

Well done folks, ugly bayonets have been vanquished into oblivion ! Vive le roy !

4 Likes

I believe the musket should be on the left side of the soldier, but it’s a battle for another day !

Now they look awesome

1 Like