Accepting an invitation while playing a game bug

Game Version: 101.101.36202.0

• Build: 4819260
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Peligro (How cool is my gamertag?!)

Issue and Reproduction Steps:-

While playing a 1v1 game (not rated), a friend sent me an invitation to play (Aoe invitation). I decided to leave the current game (as I was clearly losing) so I opened the options menu and it poped out a - new to me - option that said something like “Accept invite”. Of course I clicked it as I guessed that the game would first RESIGN the current match and THEN accept the invite.

That’s when the bug appeared when i clicked that ‘Accept invite’ option, visually i got out of the match i was playing but i could hear it still going in the background. When I entered the multiplayer tab the screen flickered (Yes!! weird stuff) between the normal multiplayer loby and the match that was still going. To solve it i had to restart the game.

To reproduce the problem you might just need to do the exact same things in the exact same order as described.

No ATTACHMENTS as this is as far as my goodwill goes guys!

Xoxo from a fellow programmer. Have a nice debugging!

1 Like

i have also noticed this problem when clicking accept invite while in a lobby
version 37906

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 101.101.37906.0 5105673
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 7

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

While I was playing a game, I was invited to join a party through steam. I accepted, and was immediately taken to the multiplayer menu, with no way to get back to the game, although I could still hear the sound playing. After about 30 seconds, AoE itself crashed.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a (multiplayer?) game.
  2. Be invited to a party through Steam.
  3. Accept the invitation.

Thanks for the report LandwardRoom749.
This issue is now being tracked.