Act 3 scenario 1 "Race for the rails" can't be beaten (seriously, can you fix the campaigns already?)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: v. 100.12.24632.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When playing the first scenario of the 3rd act, building all the trading posts in the trade route DOES NOT makes you win the scenario. Destroying the enemy doesn’t, either. Upgrading them to trains won’t do it. It can’t be beaten, and it never had this issue before. Also, the secondary objective (ally with any native tribe) only triggers when you ally with both of them, not “any”. I don’t remember if this was like this in the original but wouldn’t hurt to take a look at it.
Can I request that you test EVERY scenario before you launch the next update? It seems like every month the campaigns are getting more broken with new bugs while old bugs take longer to be fixed.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play the first scenario of the 3rd act
  2. complete the objectives
  3. you can’t win

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
You should win the scenario as soon as you build the last trade post in the route, and the secondary objective should be completed.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that, I completed it yesterday so not sure what can be the reason for that. It worked normally for me.

2 Likes

It works just fine for me. I did it 2 days ago.

2 Likes

Really? i played the scenario 3 times and it didn’t work. I’ll verify the game integrity and check, thanks guys!

Can confirm that this also happened to me. I reloaded an earlier save that I did in the same game, and tried again and it worked. But this issue is a thing, at least it was for me.

I can confirm this is still an issue. I was just playing this level, and it wasn’t counting the objective. I leveled up the rails, took the last post, and even wiped out the enemy, and nothing happened.

Actually I think I figured out why it’s happening. I saved/quit my game, then resumed my game. Before I exited, I had built the last post. When I came back into the game, the game registered that there were two posts on the same spot, the enemy post and mine. The enemy post had one hit left on it, so I killed it and the mission completed. So looks like the game may not be registering that the enemy post was destroyed and registered it as being owned by both sides.

You can finish this scenario
Do not give up!
Its hard but fun as well