Adding intro slides

Hello,
I am preparing a scenario about the battle of Grundwald (1410) between th Slavs allied to the Lithuanians against the Teutons. If this mod is a success, I would like to prepare a campaign about Russia.
To do it properly, I would like to know how to add a slide before the beginning of the scenario, and after?
Thank you very much

Merged Thread I want to create my own custom campaigns with intro and extro slides. I’ve seen other people do it, but I can’t find anything in the scenario editor. A point in the right direction would be very much appreciated!

1 Like

I saw how others did it, and you need to make a .json file where the slides are coded. I’ve seen how it’s coded but haven’t done any c ampaign slides yet.

Check the picture below, on the left the .json file, you see how they select a background image, and the drawing picture. Then each slide has a sound, a duration, X Y location of the text and reference for a String, found at the txt file on the right.

1 Like

Awesome. This is a start. Now, I don’t know much about coding and whatnot, so …

What is a .json file and how do I create one? Are there any tutorials about this?

I use Sublime program to open .json files.You can check how they are made for AOE2 campaigns or custom ones, and try to replicate what you see. ATM I’m making a AOE1 into AOE2 mod and I’ll make campaigns eventually. If I figure out how to actually make the slides I’ll write a tutorial or something.

1 Like